Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glad England lost to Russia !!

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
These over paid louts need to take a leaf out of the England Rugby team. And by that I mean show some passion, commitment and desire to win rather that worrying about their bank balances.

Call themselves passionate English men........what a f*cking joke they are. Self righteous prima donas the lot of them.

Suggest they sit and watch the Rugby World Cup final on saturday night and they will see passionate sportsmen who are not driven just by money. Though I expect most will be swaggering around some seedy nightclub with their WAGS in tow !!!!:rant::rant::rant:

God how I hate the modern day footballer.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Agreed.

It will be nice to have a summer without having to worry about when our team get knocked out in 'controversial' fashion. Hopefully it will give the overpayed tossers a good kick up the arse.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
These over paid louts need to take a leaf out of the England Rugby team. And by that I mean show some passion, commitment and desire to win rather that worrying about their bank balances.

Blimey how things change in a month - passion, commitment and desire to win would not have described the rugby team after the 1st 3 group games

and the football team were on the up after 3 back to back 3-0's

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Blimey how things change in a month - passion, commitment and desire to win would not have described the rugby team after the 1st 3 group games

Thats not really fair apart from the SA game I don't think you can criticise the commitment or passion to win. The Rugby team always play with their hearts on their sleeves which unfortunately the footballers generally speaking, don't

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Unfortunately, it will probably make a lot of people (eg Premier League players and fans) care even less about the international game...

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Id rather see an England team full of players that will give 110% for 90mins than this bunch of time wasters!

Even if it did mean picking players from the lower leagues!

Even the U21's are starting to think their gods gift all of a sudden!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Unfortunately, it will probably make a lot of people (eg Premier League players and fans) care even less about the international game...

100% correct...my office is awash with premierfans spouting this

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Id rather see an England team full of players that will give 110% for 90mins than this bunch of time wasters!

Even if it did mean picking players from the lower leagues!

Even the U21's are starting to think their gods gift all of a sudden!

Why would you think they didn't give 110% ? It seems to me that the real problem, isn't effort, it's lack of ability. For some reason we seem to think the likes of Steven Gerrard, Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand are world class.....they are not. I actually think the team gave it their all yesterday, the problem was that they were just not good enough.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
The Rugby world cup shows what football is missing. A players shoulder pops out, No problem, stick in back in and get him on the pitch. Was it a try? ask the Video ref, problems with discipline? Speak to the captain and get him to sort it out and give a 10 yard penalty. Fancy a pint at a club game? Sit and watch the game with one. None of this diving, over hyped, over paid, timewasting, being treated like a kid as a spectator bollocks. Remind me - Why do I go to the football again?

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
The Rugby world cup shows what football is missing. A players shoulder pops out, No problem, stick in back in and get him on the pitch. Was it a try? ask the Video ref, problems with discipline? Speak to the captain and get him to sort it out and give a 10 yard penalty. Fancy a pint at a club game? Sit and watch the game with one. None of this diving, over hyped, over paid, timewasting, being treated like a kid as a spectator bollocks. Remind me - Why do I go to the football again?
FACT

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home

......you can also sit next to an opposing fan and discuss the game, have a pint etc without fear of getting your face punched in...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Passion was always there in the England rugby set-up; commitment and desire came along later. But the talent has been lacking with the current XV - especially in the backs.

Despite what everyone says, I think that we do have some excellent England football players, many of whom most countries would love to have in their team. But they do, as a general rule, lack the passion to play for their country - and by that I don't mean the flag or the Lions; I mean the 48 million people who they are representing at their national game.

It's an enormous task to carry that burden on your shoulders, and while many players have the physical ability to carry it through, I don't think they have the mental ability to carry it through. Some players are too used to winning at club level to appreciate what losing really means at national level.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I feel sorry for the kids. There's nothing like getting behind England in a summer tournament, the buzz around the playground etc, and it looks like we will miss out.

For me personally I'm just glad that the likes of Sussex, England Rugby team, Ryder Cup team and Lewis Hamilton are around to pick up the slack and deliver the sort of sporting glory and excellence that the England football team never seem able to achieve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here