Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Giving Wednesday evening a miss

I was fully intending to go.

BUT my wife said that she's not comfortable with me risking it considering that any Covid infection picked up tomorrow will impact Christmas plans. This coupled with the inevitable "I told you so" response, lack of sympathy and guilt trip for ruining Christmas and general dog housery and the fact that the game is on TV anyway.

Plus other factors:

Even if I drive down to Brighton, I need to use public transport to/from the stadium or allow for an hours walk each way to the car.

I'm double jabbed with a booster booked for Xmas Eve, but even being triple jabbed does not guarantee protection. Another fan I sit with is triple jabbed, had Covid in summer 2020 yet has tested positive this weekend and is now isolating. So it seems nothing will keep you 100% protected.

So all things considered I've made the decision this morning that I'm going to miss this game.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
And lose all that lovely money from beer and burgers? I can see a Barber essay heading your way when he learns of your (eminently sensible, logical and obvious) suggestion. :D
Maybe the albion have to write a fat refund cheque to Sodexo if the food outlets are shut but the game goes ahead ? I doubt Sodexo take the hit.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Tested positive with an LFT yesterday. Just had the PCR test done, hopefully hear by tomorrow as to whether I am clear or not. That said even if I get good news I shall probably give it a miss just in case, seeing as it is just two days after my positive test. No point in taking any chances. I've been triple jabbed btw, luckily I have no symptoms whatsoever so if I do have it then the medicine has done its job in sparing me from serious illness.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The most risky aspect in terms of catching Covid is almost certainly if you get a train, or a bus, they're virus hotboxes at the best of times.

What the closet you can publicly park to the stadium and then walk/cycle?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not going for a number of reasons – one of them being the current covid sitation.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The most risky aspect in terms of catching Covid is almost certainly if you get a train, or a bus, they're virus hotboxes at the best of times.

Try booking on Justpark, there are a couple of space available in Hollingbury area, its a long walk but you get away quickly by car from there

Stopped using the train a while back when no one was wearing masks...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I have a headcold but am testing negative for COVID.

I really want to go, as midweek matches are much easier for me to attend than weekends as I have young children. I really, really want to go. I've had both shots but no booster yet. It just feels like asking for trouble this close to Christmas - especially as my high-risk father-in-law is coming down to stay.

I'll probably have to swerve it.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

I usually park at Woodingdean and walk from there although you have to get here relatively early this season to get a parking space. It takes about 30 minutes to walk and would be really quick to cycle.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Try booking on Justpark, there are a couple of space available in Hollingbury area, its a long walk but you get away quickly by car from there

Stopped using the train a while back when no one was wearing masks...

I usually park at Woodingdean and walk from there although you have to get here relatively early this season to get a parking space. It takes about 30 minutes to walk and would be really quick to cycle.

You must drive a smart car to get it in a closet.

Thanks all, its a dirty diesel so wont be able to get close!

Oh, closet :facepalm:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I haven't scrolled through all the pages but I'd put money on it being the lowest attendance at the Amex since we joined the Premier League.

And I can't blame anyone at all, especially those not triple-jabbed yet. Stay safe if you feel anxious about going (if it does go ahead). :thumbsup:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
It's all anecdotal of course, but the number of friends of friends, and fellow villagers, who seem to be testing positive is WAY more than I can recall at any time in the past 2 years. We know it's spreading like wild-fire....but actually hearing the evidence from friends/neighbours is quite disconcerting.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Tested positive with an LFT yesterday. Just had the PCR test done, hopefully hear by tomorrow as to whether I am clear or not. That said even if I get good news I shall probably give it a miss just in case, seeing as it is just two days after my positive test. No point in taking any chances. I've been triple jabbed btw, luckily I have no symptoms whatsoever so if I do have it then the medicine has done its job in sparing me from serious illness.

Fingers crossed that your PCR comes back negative. Pretty rotten to pick it up after 3 jabs if it’s a positive case though. Have you done another LFT to check the first?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's all anecdotal of course, but the number of friends of friends, and fellow villagers, who seem to be testing positive is WAY more than I can recall at any time in the past 2 years. We know it's spreading like wild-fire....but actually hearing the evidence from friends/neighbours is quite disconcerting.

Was saying exactly the same earlier today, I know way more people who have contracted Covid in the last week than at any time since the pandemic started.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Fingers crossed that your PCR comes back negative. Pretty rotten to pick it up after 3 jabs if it’s a positive case though. Have you done another LFT to check the first?

Jabs only lower your likelihood of contracting (and passing on) the virus. Omicron is particularly virulent, and currently doubling every two days. Let's hope it's not as potent as prior variants.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
With 10 being someone fighting for their life, a humble 3, first thing in the mornings 4 or 5. I wouldn’t be tapping away on nsc if very ill.

Can’t wait ‘til it’s gone.

It probably makes no short term difference, but I try to eat healthily, lots of fruit, veg, porridge, protein.

That’s good to hear, unpleasant as it is. Have you lost taste and smell too? I can’t help feel a sense of inevitability about it. Think everyone will eventually catch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here