Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Giving Wednesday evening a miss

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sounds like a fair number of you have some difficult choices to make.

Maybe email Paul Barber and ask him to postpone Christmas for five or six days?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

True to form, acting like a CAUC

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009

Your head appears to be so far up GP's aris, why dont you come up for air and ask him for us?

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I’ll be going on basis of having had the booster, feeling fit and healthy, coach travel follows social distancing, mask wearing, keep away from the irresponsible as best I can, not seeing vulnerable people over Xmas.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Still undecided.

Unfortunately my dad passed away (peacefully and expected) on Sunday night so Xmas with my mum and family this year will be a big deal.

I’m conflicted as need a sense of normality and time to myself with going to football but equally have to consider the chance of getting infected and ruining the Xmas that carries significance.

Thoughts with you and your Mum over this loss…whatever decision you make will be the right one.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I have posted before to say that I caught Covid in July and despite being double jabbed ended up quite seriously ill in hospital for a week, an awful week of my life. Four months later I still don’t have my sense of taste back, and am getting checks and further tests on ongoing chest, breathing and throat problems. And I actually feel loads better now than I did until recently and am just about seeing a hope of recovery.

I sadly gave up my season ticket due to this though have been to a few games since. Have had my third jab and got tickets for Wolves and plan to drive, wear a mask, not linger in the concourses etc but really not sure whether to go or not. In theory my immunity is very high and before Covid I had no underlying health issues but still caught it badly in the summer despite taking loads of care and having not been on a flight or overseas in more than 18 months. If I catch the new variant I don’t know whether my immunity would help or whether, like last time, I would react worse to it than I could possibly have predicted.

The thing is no one knows. Maybe I was just unlucky but boy does it shake you up a bit.

This disease is a lottery and it is not just the old and feeble who catch it or suffer from it - plenty of younger people have got long covid. My wife had COVID very bad and was in ICU, she considers herself lucky to be alive even though she now has long covid (still has it 18 month ).

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Wasting your breath. If after nearly two years of this pandemic crap Baldrick still spouts ill informed crap then a few lines on a football forum isn't going to convince him otherwise. Hopefully others don't need to be convinced as they already know.

Hope if anyone was on the margins that they will have taken on board what i said and what others have added to it.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Would be nice to have some sort of communication from the club at this stage as to how they feel the chances are of playing tomorrow evening.

I have dinner to arrange.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just sent texts to those I meet there. Around me, 4 have said 100% not going. Which is handy as I can buy a ticket and take someone who will be able to sit next to me.
The interesting thing about Wolves is that the away game in 2020 was the game I stayed at home for even though I had a ticket. Yes I am concerned but two years of isolation and I've had enough.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just sent texts to those I meet there. Around me, 4 have said 100% not going. Which is handy as I can buy a ticket and take someone who will be able to sit next to me.
The interesting thing about Wolves is that the away game in 2020 was the game I stayed at home for even though I had a ticket. Yes I am concerned but two years of isolation and I've had enough.

Yep - lack of attendees does mean that anyone going but still a bit worried will be able to sit on their own if they want...........

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Bloody hope not. Shutting the concourses would greatly reduce risk and be a small price to pay, once in your seat risk is greatly reduced

This, it's common sense isn't it? Didn't Paul Barber allude to exactly the same thing in a video on the club website today?

Once safely through the turnstiles fans should be directed straight through to their seats, only exceptions being for a brief trip to the loo.

Club needs to stop being greedy and close the catering outlets for the time being for the common good of allowing fans to attend games at all.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
My son is in Addenbrookes - which is almost next door to Papworth. Papworth does heart and lung transplants … my son has had a bowel transplant which is quite rare compared to other organ transplants.

I’m heading back up there again right now.

Thanks for the mask link - I will have a good look at those :thumbsup:

All the very best to you, your son and your family. Reading something like that certainly puts everything else into some kind of perspective. Safe journey.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Thank you …

My boss's wife had the same procedure at the same hospital. As you say, a rare and complex operation but your son is in the care of the foremost surgeons for this type of procedure in the UK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here