Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giving up season ticket

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It's 2 tickets i have, if i find that the don't do any refunds i will try to sell but only as a pair.

As for my reasons all im going to say is even at this early stage im disillusioned with it, in some way i wish we still at withdean, i know most won't understand that but some will know what im talking about.
I'm sure you have your reasons, and you shouldn't feel obliged to tell anyone what those reasons are.

But if that is the case, it would have been better to stay quiet than come up with a reason like "im disillusioned with it".

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
As you were 1st to throw your hat into the ring samej,once i have found out if i can get a refund or not i will give you first refusal, if i can get a refund though i will do that as they will go to someone on the waiting list which i think is fair.
Are you sure you're not a shit stirring palace fan on a wind up......because that is what you appear to be to me.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
As you were 1st to throw your hat into the ring samej,once i have found out if i can get a refund or not i will give you first refusal, if i can get a refund though i will do that as they will go to someone on the waiting list which i think is fair.

Surely no need to impose him on the rest of us?

Really interested in your reasoning, what specifically are you unhappy with?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There are some fans who's football needs are non league or lower league, this scenario, which is what we have had for more than a decade, was basically forced on us by the legacy of Archer and Stanley but I can see why some fans may not be enamoured by the glitzy Amex, and prefer the simplicity and cameraderie of lower/non league and by association Withdean. I fecking love where we are now though.

Chanty

Sep 1, 2011
Must be hard watching the Albion play fantastic football in an amazing stadium - Only thing I miss is the chips, but other than that, why on this earth would you want to go back to the Withdean???

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
Are you sure you're not a shit stirring palace fan on a wind up......because that is what you appear to be to me.

No im not, hate them just as much as the next person.I said most would not understand but a few do you know who you are, no point going into detailed reasons right now.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Fair play pseudo, you seem honest and you're not rising to the (understandable) baiting. Are you disillusioned with the arrangements at the stadium, or do you fancy a more personal set - like at a local non-league club?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
There are some fans who's football needs are non league or lower league, this scenario, which is what we have had for more than a decade, was basically forced on us by the legacy of Archer and Stanley but I can see why some fans may not be enamoured by the glitzy Amex, and prefer the simplicity and cameraderie of lower/non league and by association Withdean. I fecking love where we are now though.
Withdean wasn't a non league experience though, a non league ground would be better surroundings. I wouldn't even say there was great comraderie, the occasional bit of gallows humour perhaps but mostly just sitting quietly then shuffling damply home. I can understand why some people probably do prefer the genuine non-league experience but I don't think it's like Withdean.
There was a certain masochistic pride in going to Withdean every week and feeling superior to all the people who hardly or never went, but you can still feel that now if you want...

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Glad I'm not the only one sceptical that the recent influx of Palace fans just so happens to have coincided with a few newbies posting bizarre things seemingly for no other reason than to put us in a bad light.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Gotta admit that, on a personal level, certain aspects of Falmer are infinitely more shite than Withdean. At Withdean I could stroll into the ground five minutes before kick-off and be back in the Tap by half-five. Don't really enjoy adding an extra hour either side to my matchday experience. At Falmer I hate having to queue for everything from the pies to the trains to the toilets. It would be dishonest to say otherwise. Still, small price to pay for the magic games served up even in the first two months of the stadium opening eh?

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
I wish sky tv would f*** off for a start,it's money some would say, f*** the money, the stadium is sold out,we don't need them.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I wish sky tv would f*** off for a start,it's money some would say, f*** the money, the stadium is sold out,we don't need them.

But if Sky f***ed off, you wouldnt get to see any games cos you are giving up your ST, allegedly.:eek:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No im not, hate them just as much as the next person.I said most would not understand but a few do you know who you are, no point going into detailed reasons right now.
Sorry fella I'm not convinced. Surely if you have a genuine grievance about something, it would be better to have taken it up with the club. If there was no headway to be made there ask them for a refund. Why go to the bother of registering an account on here before doing the obvious thing of calling the club. Can you see why I'm sceptical?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here