Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham game a tenner

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I can accept this, so long as the club do enough to make sure the tickets sell. No point just putting it on the website and hoping fans will buy tickets. Ken Brown is supposed to be making it his number one priority to get attendences up.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
as I have said before, I paid my money back in April and as far as I am concerned, that money has gone.

As this now seems to be the norm, whereby games are discounted down and freely available, I cannot see the point in getting a ST, therefore I will not bother.

Its simple really

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good idea

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Wow! We'll probably go to that. That'll be two games we've gone to since I said "we're not going again until new year".

Fourteenth Eye, why are you so upset? The club need to market the unattractive games in order to get people to attend - I just hope they advertise it and don't rely on word-of-mouth. You'll be the one laughing come March and April when us casual fans are fighting for tickets for the crucial promotion run-in games - or even in January if we survive into the 3rd Round and get a good draw.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Great stuff, should get a good crowd in for a evening game and make for a better atmos.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I think it's a fantastic idea and the club should be supported in doing this. Everyone's a winner. Superfan STHs can still feel superior to bad fans like me turning up for only £10.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Traditionally the last game before XMAS is always poorly attended.

Also Mr Eye you didnt mind then for Rotherham and Huddersfield they did those cheap seats in the family stands if I recall.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think it's a fantastic idea and the club should be supported in doing this. Everyone's a winner. Superfan STHs can still feel superior to bad fans like me turning up for only £10.

why do so many people have so much vitreol against STH's?

At the end of the day STH's are fans as much as anyone else and they just happen to be in a position to buy tickets early......but at the end of the day, and this is where the club are in a horrendous position, they have to get bums on seats and the current way of thinking is to have reduced prices for games. You cannot then have a go at STH's if they get a bit miffed whereby people in the ground are paying a good half less than they are.

Presumably its actually more than that as the £10 ticket presumably includes the £2.00 travel voucher...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Because you are in a very priveliged position of having a season ticket (believe me I would love to be able to afford one) you can see every home game and yet lots of you just seem to moan all the time.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Because you are in a very priveliged position of having a season ticket (believe me I would love to be able to afford one) you can see every home game and yet lots of you just seem to moan all the time.

Ok fair enough.....BUT if you bought a holiday for £500 and the person sat next to you on the plane doing exactly the same holiday paid £250, wouldnt you be a tad miffed?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
why do so many people have so much vitreol against STH's?...

Sorry, I don't have anything against STHs. I think they are genuinely superb putting the time and money into the club. I was just having a gentle tease! All BHAFC fans who turn up for however many games deserve credit for supporting their local side.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Didn't someone work it out that a ST averages out at about £17 a game?

I'm willing to bet, therefore, that even with the occasional ticket offer, those who go on a game by game basis are still putting more money into the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here