Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham game a tenner

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
Wow! We'll probably go to that. That'll be two games we've gone to since I said "we're not going again until new year".

Fourteenth Eye, why are you so upset? The club need to market the unattractive games in order to get people to attend - I just hope they advertise it and don't rely on word-of-mouth. You'll be the one laughing come March and April when us casual fans are fighting for tickets for the crucial promotion run-in games - or even in January if we survive into the 3rd Round and get a good draw.

Im not sure how i feel about it to be honest. I, like most of us wants to see bums on seats and a full stadium.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
why do so many people have so much vitreol against STH's?

At the end of the day STH's are fans as much as anyone else and they just happen to be in a position to buy tickets early......but at the end of the day, and this is where the club are in a horrendous position, they have to get bums on seats and the current way of thinking is to have reduced prices for games. You cannot then have a go at STH's if they get a bit miffed whereby people in the ground are paying a good half less than they are.

Presumably its actually more than that as the £10 ticket presumably includes the £2.00 travel voucher...

I don't understand the hatred towards STHs, people should feel sorry for us being so foolish as to parting with our money early :laugh::laugh:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
No problem at all with this. As a 3yr STH (x2) I get a good seat and I'm happy to pay for that. If this gives us a better atmosphere at the game and a better chance of 3 points then I'm all for it every time.

Also, as long as I can afford it, I'll be renewing in due course. If people have STs in D,E or F and want to trade down to a seat in A or H on a match-by-match basis then good luck to them - I'll stay put though.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I am a STH and haven't got a problem with special offer tickets like this. A lot of lower league clubs would do the same, to be honest.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
why do so many people have so much vitreol against STH's?
Because you are in a very priveliged position of having a season ticket (believe me I would love to be able to afford one) you can see every home game and yet lots of you just seem to moan all the time.

As a season ticket holder i found it very hard to be able to afford to even buy it, so to find out if i hadn't bothered i could go to games and pay less in the process and seem to get better offers (like for the Yeovil game - buy a ticket & get shirt cheap) then why should i bother next season, and if i don't renew next season, then there is a very good chance i won't even attend half of the home games, and if this is repeated by others, then attendances fall even further and the club would suffer greatly, as said before 5000 attending at £25 = 8333 attending at £15, and would we sell enough to cover the money we would lose.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I don't understand the hatred towards STHs, people should feel sorry for us being so foolish as to parting with our money early :laugh::laugh:
I think 'hatred' is the wrong word. I certainly don't hate you. I am a bit tired of the much-trumpeted claim that you help the club's cash flow by paying up-front; I could counter-claim by saying the club loses in the long run because it doesn't get the additional income of selling you more expensive tickets on a game-by-game basis (I pay far more than an STH does over the course of a year) but I'll let it pass.

I was also upset by the fact you get priority for AWAY games, however as the club are now selling 'one-off' match tickets for less than your pro-rata season ticket rate I accept you should get some perks.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I think it's a fantastic idea and the club should be supported in doing this. Everyone's a winner. Superfan STHs can still feel superior to bad fans like me turning up for only £10.
As one of your so-called 'superfan' STHs I have no problem with games being promoted like this. However I do have a problem with those tossers who think that all STHs see themselves as superfans that object to anyone getting a cheap ticket.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
As a season ticket holder I could not give a shit about them reducing prices for one game. I would rather see a full ground and a bit of atmosphere. IMHO a good move by the club.

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
Great move by the club, I should be going to this now.

Maybe they should reduce season ticket prices then everyone is happy........

As a 3yr STH (second time) and a STH since 1996, I couldn't give a moneys about the club dropping prices for certain games (which the League allows them to do as a prmotional tool).

what do we want - more people coming to games or not.

3700 v Cheltenham in the Cup rather suggests that somesthing need to be done

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
3700 v Cheltenham in the Cup rather suggests that somesthing need to be done

The thing is that prices were reduced for that game (£12 wasn't it?), and off the back of beating them 4-1 the week before, I can't believe we didn't get more.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Great move by the club, I should be going to this now.

Maybe they should reduce season ticket prices then everyone is happy........

I think it's only fair that STH's should be offered some sort of deal by the club, Maybe something along the lines of starting next summer anybody who buys season tickets for the remaining seasons at the Withdean can buy a season ticket for the first season at falmer half price? It might even tempt back previous STH's or encourage new ones?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I think it's only fair that STH's should be offered some sort of deal by the club, Maybe something along the lines of starting next summer anybody who buys season tickets for the remaining seasons at the Withdean can buy a season ticket for the first season at falmer half price? It might even tempt back previous STH's or encourage new ones?

I'm a 3year-er, and personally i'm not opposed at all to offers to get fans in, but ideas like the above might be worth considering... maybe they should go back to giving STH free entry to all home cup games - it's not as if we have that many is it!? LOL!:laugh:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:rant: i think

What are other STH's thinking

I thought long and hard about renewing this season and at the last minute I bought my usual 2. Unless we are promoted and tics are hard to get I will definetly not be getting them next season.

I`m not particularly annoyed with the club they have to do it I suppose but the reasons I got my tickets in the first place are not there and I dont think STH have had a great deal now have they ?

Edit : I shall still go to every home game but the club wont have my money in may june or july

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The thing is that prices were reduced for that game (£12 wasn't it?), and off the back of beating them 4-1 the week before, I can't believe we didn't get more.
It's funny, I think the exact opposite. We'd already played them the previous week so there was no mystery about them. And the crowd was higher than the average 1st round attendance which was about 3250. TBH I'm surprised it was as high as it was. I was expecting 3500, tops.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
As a STH (and two u-16,s ST,s) I have no problem with the club reducing ticket prices on a match by match basis.The more people in Withdean the better.
However, I DO have a problem with this Board of Directors negative attitude to investment in this club.It has been obvious that in the last few seasons there has been insufficient investment in Withdean AND the playing side.
I harped on about this last year, only to be roundly told "and where is the money coming from then...?". My answer was....and still is.....they needed to invest more (by way of borrowing, and please don,t tell me that these "business men" Directors don,t have access to finance) just to keep the existing fan-base and Season Ticket sales up. As a result of their lack of reasonable investment (I,m not talking millions) they are now selling tickets for some games for less than half-price. Desperation is creeping in. Poor management.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here