Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham game a tenner

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Under Football League regulations, the club can make special 'local' offers to home fans at up to four matches per season and under this scheme, the club have cut prices for the Friday night fixture.

It is only going to be cheaper for 4 league games a season, if the club want to reduce prices again.
Cup games are different.
As a STH (who puts aside my money to save for it each week - a tenner) I don't mind others getting a bargain now and again.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As a STH (and two u-16,s ST,s) I have no problem with the club reducing ticket prices on a match by match basis.The more people in Withdean the better.
However, I DO have a problem with this Board of Directors negative attitude to investment in this club.It has been obvious that in the last few seasons there has been insufficient investment in Withdean AND the playing side.
I harped on about this last year, only to be roundly told "and where is the money coming from then...?". My answer was....and still is.....they needed to invest more (by way of borrowing, and please don,t tell me that these "business men" Directors don,t have access to finance) just to keep the existing fan-base and Season Ticket sales up. As a result of their lack of reasonable investment (I,m not talking millions) they are now selling tickets for some games for less than half-price. Desperation is creeping in. Poor management.

The only issue with this is the mandate now will be no investment till Falmer and it is bad management pure and simple.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Under Football League regulations, the club can make special 'local' offers to home fans at up to four matches per season and under this scheme, the club have cut prices for the Friday night fixture.

It is only going to be cheaper for 4 league games a season, if the club want to reduce prices again.
Cup games are different.
As a STH (who puts aside my money to save for it each week - a tenner) I don't mind others getting a bargain now and again.

The way I read that Yorkie, it means they can reduce prices 4 times a year for "Home" fans without giving reductions to away supporters. I would have thought they could reduce or increase the price to ALL fans as many times as they want, but I stand to be corrected on this.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Actually the rules are slightly more complex than that. The club can offer as many matches as they like at a reduced rate - provided the same rate is also offered to away fans. This must be done on a match-by-match basis and can't be a global "we've reduced our prices permanently!" offer. (Which even I don't want to see!) However the club are also permitted to designate up to four matches a season as 'local promotion' where the 'away fans as well' rule doesn't apply.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Maybe the club could either
A, give season tickets a free programe
B, let season ticket holders take a mate free to discounted games
C, give them a discounted ticket for fa cup game(s)
d, free admission to paint pot trophy games for all rounds

just an idea to keep the peace

:smokin:

As a STH I have no objection to the club doing this. But what will piss me off is if this very generous offer is not taken up by those who choose to stay away and snipe at the club from the sidelines. I expect to see a crowd of near 7,000 for this game anything less I can't really see the club having an incentive to repeat the offer.

We are actually worth watching at the moment. We are playing some decent football at the moment, actually possess a proper centre forward and are unexpectedly challenging at the top of the league, that should be enough to drag a few more people in.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
How can the club win? The fans moan about low attendances, STH included, and one answer touted AGAIN and AGAIN is that tickets are too expensive. so the club reduce the prices for four matches in traditionally low attended matches and people then find something else to moan about. STH get the benefit of the same seat (usually a good one) all through the season, priority for top matches and a few free tickets throughout the season and reduced price seats overall. Hooray for STH, they boost the clubs coffers in a huge lump sum in renewal time, and should feel good about helping the club they love, because they are lucky to be in a position to be able to. The argument about finding out other people have got their holiday cheaper is silly. If you buy a jumper in a shop and then it's in a sale the next week, do you take it back and demand the difference? Of course not!
Lets be more positive people and back the club's attempts to boost numbers and keep most of the fans happy most of the time! Could anyone else do a better job? Come on, hands up!!

Does this mean the pikeys tix will be a tenner too ?

No.

They're pissed off about it according to Rivals.

Pikeys moaning

I can remember a time when a club [Forest a couple of seasons ago, I think] offering the locals tix for £5.00 and we had to pay £19.00. So its really swings and roundabouts.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Good to see bugger all signs of promoting this offer outside of the Seagulls Shop and website so far. People won't go if they don't know.

Well done club :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here