Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham attendance prediction

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I really hope the atmo is buzzing again - first night game - be rude not to have another barmy sing song!

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
At 2.30 today they had sold about 15000. They could not keep up with the phones and you could not get through on the internet. There was a constant queue of about 10 people buying tickets. I reckon it should be about 17000.

I wonder if ticket sales will be as brisk today? I hope so, but maybe London events will put a few off.

I also hope the club have drafted in a few extra to man the phones, as reports of 90 mins in just crazy. How many ring up with the intention of buying a ticket, here 40 in the queue, then hang up? Maybe to then go online only to be told the website is too busy.

Not a moan, it's nice to have these issues for a Carling Cup 1st round game with Gillingham.

Also, there must have been an early rush for Pompey tickets yesterday as they went on General sale. That rush will surely be less today.

I'm predicted a 18,500 (800 from Gills) with the North, WSU and Family stand selling out. The only empty seats will be southern wing of the East and extreme wings of the WSL.........

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Glad to see ticket sales are good but how is the ticket office at the Amex going to cope with people picking up tickets? I can see a lot of people unhappy this time tomorrow missing kick off ect because of the massive queue which in turn will stop people getting into the club shop to purchase other things.

I'm sure in hindsight they will regret not putting the ticket office in a different location to the club shop.

Glad to see ticket sales are good but how is the ticket office at the Amex going to cope with people picking up tickets? I can see a lot of people unhappy this time tomorrow missing kick off ect because of the massive queue which in turn will stop people getting into the club shop to purchase other things.

I'm sure in hindsight they will regret not putting the ticket office in a different location to the club shop.

I notice someone ATC about ticket collection in a different area and they were told it would be sorted for Blackpool.

However, there could be the equivalent of an average crowd at Withdean picking up tickets tonight. Will be interesting!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Tickets have been on sale for ages... If people want to wait until the last minute then they have to put up with queuing I'm afraid!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Tickets have been on sale for ages... If people want to wait until the last minute then they have to put up with queuing I'm afraid!

Agree. Why do people wait until the day before the game? It's not as if we haven't had plenty of practice of getting tickets early after the years at Withdean.

Agree. Why do people wait until the day before the game? It's not as if we haven't had plenty of practice of getting tickets early after the years at Withdean.

To be fair, i think a lot of people were not going, and then after the amazing day on Saturday, they decided they were going to go. Yes they could have bought earlier, but if the club are happy to sell them, it is also up to the club to be able to distribute them.

A situation could easily arise in the winter...... Cup game postponed due to weather. When it is played it's a draw, with the replay being just 4 days before the next round. If this did occur, the club might need to sell 20k tickets in 3 days and have all these people collecting at the ground!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And only two blocks with "very good" availability left.

Which one will go limited first - W1H, W3I or N1D? The race is on. :)

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
have any stands sold out ?? only 250 left in north stand yesterday must be close on being full ?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

That's how a lot of people used to buy tickets for games. Wake up in the morning with nothing better to do - call a couple of mates to see if they fancy a beer and the match - walk up to the ground and buy a ticket.

I know why it has changed but I suspect their is an expectation in the collective memory still.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
A situation could easily arise in the winter...... Cup game postponed due to weather. When it is played it's a draw, with the replay being just 4 days before the next round. If this did occur, the club might need to sell 20k tickets in 3 days and have all these people collecting at the ground!

Not going to happen though is it, the vast majority of those 20000 will be uploaded to our smart cards. I doubt there would be much more than 2000 collecting tickets on the day

Ok, I'm a bit odd, and no one buys any labels in August! So hear is a very accurate count of the seats that are still available:-

North - 248
Family - 230
Rest of the East - 810
WSU - 420
WSL - 1700

There were actually a fair few more seats in the North and WSU when I actually counted them than 1st appeared.

So, there are 3400 seats available still, along with about 1600 in the away end. If all the 1901 ers and all the freebies turn up, we are already up to 17500.

Crazy crazy for CC R1! And still some time to sell some more!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here