Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giggs and Bellamy not singing GSTQ

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Now I'm no fan of the mournful dirge that is GSTQ , but I was disappointed to say the very least that giggs and bellamy were the only two players on friday not singing the national anthem, from the look on bellamys face it looked a deliberate snub to me .

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Now I'm no fan of the mournful dirge that is GSTQ , but I was disappointed to say the very least that giggs and bellamy were the only two players on friday not singing the national anthem, from the look on bellamys face it looked a deliberate snub to me .

Bellamy is as big a shit as Rooney.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They're perfectly entitled to not sing it, I can never understand why people make such a big deal out of whether they sing it or not.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They're perfectly entitled to not sing it, I can never understand why people make such a big deal out of whether they sing it or not.
It is weird though in this case. Just about everyone else in the British team will be singing it, but because they play/played for Wales, they didn't. A bit pathetic really, they didn't have to play for team GB.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

If I'd been playing I wouldn't have either.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I can't say I paid that much attention but surely not all the English players sang it?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Quite. Who cares ? I would love to play for England - but wouldn't sing that dirge to something I do not believe.

We need a like button! I never sing (or sign) the dirge.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
It's not their National Anthem so why would they, I bet Pearcey forgot to give them a copy of the words...huh calls himself a manager!!!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yes they are. If I was representing the nation I wouldn't sing it either.

:)
Then you shouldnt represent the nation then, not that you're likely to be asked , I dont agree with or like the song , but until someone changes it its our anthem, where would it stop , " I dont agree with this so i'm not going to do that " , It just shows a lack of respect imo, anyway I think the UK will break up sooner rather than later, the sooner the better for me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It is weird though in this case. Just about everyone else in the British team will be singing it, but because they play/played for Wales, they didn't. A bit pathetic really, they didn't have to play for team GB.

How do you know that? Maybe they are just anti-royal or find the anthem as tedious and dull as most other people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here