Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting so bored of these gay Brighton jibes

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
You just have to :yawn: and let them get on with it. No one can give you offence, you can only take it. So if you ignore it - job done.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's the way it has always been and always will be, like it or not.

Just ignore them and don't let it bother you.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Doesn't bother me at all. What would bother me is that board is really ugly. If they posted it on here then fair enough.
We all deal in stereotypes/cliches to a degree. Liverpudlians are all thiefs, Cockneys are all wide, Welsh - well we all know
what they like to shag, Northern peasants etc... I take it to be banter. I'm sure after the game they would be up for a beer like
most that have come to the Amex - and that's all that matters, not a few keyboard idiots

albionite

May 20, 2009
If your offended then why look on rivals message boards?
If Brighton are trying to steal their star player and by the looks of it a Brighton fan has made an account to tease them they will lash out. I'm not saying its right but its to be expected as they pretty much all do it, but thats down to their own mods to sort that.

Barn Door Billy

Feb 19, 2012
Somewhere near Reading...
I Understand what the OP (on the hudds forum) meant, I doubt he intended any homophobia or offense, just a little I'll conceived possibly. You never know though, the north is a strange land...

stickboy

Banned
May 30, 2012
Id rather be surrounded by gay men than Asian men. We all know what they get up to up north.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I find it funny that people really don't know how to judge the difference between banter and abuse!

Get over it if you're offended, it will never go away completely. Personally, I won't be losing any sleep over banter. Learn to laugh at other peoples ignorance, if you can.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's the way it has always been and always will be, like it or not.
Not really. It's a lot different now than it was just a few decades ago, and it will be a lot different in a few more decades.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
What I don't get is why people choose to trawl the message boards of other clubs, and then become self righteous and offended.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Id rather be surrounded by gay men than Asian men. We all know what they get up to up north.
LOL

You have done it now. Wait for it......

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
What I don't get is why people choose to trawl the message boards of other clubs, and then become self righteous and offended.

I was just looking to see if they had any more news on Rhodes , and I don't get offended, I just find the gay crap a bit of a bore

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I was in the home end with a Spurs mate a few years ago when we lost up there in the FA Cup, and to see the sheep-like neandertals singing 'Does your boyfriend know you're here...' at the BHA fans behind the goal was actually quite funny close up. They looked like they didn't have a brain-cell between them, and couldn't think of anything original...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here