Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting over a serious break up - HELP!!!!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
sad you have to come on here to get advice imo,and worst place too

Sounds to me like he's just at that raw, can't-stop-thinking-about-it stage, and he just wants to talk about it. Maybe he doesn't feel comfortable talking to mates face to face? Lots of men don't. I'm sure he's aware he'll get some pathetic replies (and already has) but if the other stuff is in some small way helping him, why not?

Stumpy Tim

A dullard ? Ok then. Just stop highlighting my comments and we will never need to speak, keep doing it and I will react to it but I guess thats what you want and you call me a dullard ? You seem to think you are a superior person in all ways well you are just a bloke, like me, nothing special so I repeat if you stop trying to wind me up all the time I will not respond and if I see you at the amex would share a pint to clear the air but I guess that is not what you want is it ? Time to leave the thread. Back on topic please people.

Can you please find the last time I quoted you? I have stayed away from you for a while purely because you react like this

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can you please find the last time I quoted you? I have stayed away from you for a while purely because you react like this

Look. Enough of this chitter chatter. He offered you out. Where, and what time is the fight please? I want to make sure I have my camera and some Doritos.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can bring some 'Wall along too, if you need some tips.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
Had more thoughts that may help you while I was driving in today. My experience comes from being with my ex-wife, who, I'm fairly sure, could be judged as having borderline personality disorder (not too dissimilar to bi-polar). She also thought that the whole world should revolve around her and went mental if she wasn't the centre of my attention for any period of time. The first 6-12 months were great, the next 7 years was awful, but it wasn't until we split up and I started dating other birds that I realised that that wasn't normal behaviour, and that being unhappy 80% of the time isn't how relationships are supposed to be. I'd wasted 7 years of my life being unhappy. She had dragged me down and it was no coincidence that my life really took off when we separated: I got a serious pay-rise at work; I got in the physical shape of my life; I got a load of new friends and a brilliant social life; and John Prescott gave the green light for falmer! All of this happened within a year of the separation.

Er......is anyone one else wishing you'd left her a lot sooner than you did?!!! :D

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Best make it on Saturday just outside South Stand at about 1400? Bennett's Field?

Outside the Superstore, surely. Those who get there early can get a vantage point from the railway station bridge.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Definitely best, as other people have said, to try and distance yourself from her as much as possible. It might seem harsh when she has problems that she relies on you for, but you helping her out at any given opportunity will make her feel better and you still attached. Then eventually when she does meet someone else, you'll be upset because you'll still feel involved with her. No need to be nasty to her, just don't be there for her 24/7 - you need to concentrate on yourself. As others said, go out with mates, focus on your hobbies and start new ones, get down the gym and get fitter and you'll soon feel good about yourself and maybe ready to meet other girls.

In the meantime, if you need something to keep yourself amused, start a thread on NSC about relationship advice and watch the binfest and possible Amex face-to-face confrontations ensue :thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Outside the Superstore, surely. Those who get there early can get a vantage point from the railway station bridge.

I think the 'Wall fans may want to get involved as they arrive in that scenario, it's in their DNA. I'd be inclined to be singing "no one likes me I don't care" if I was involved in a fight and they arrived, might get them on my side :smile:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. I would love to know the data size you used in this scientific poll. As you have said yourself, relationships haven't been your strong point so maybe giving advice on the matter isn't something you should be doing.

Another personal pop at Uncle Spielberg. You really are quite sad aren't you? I think you're the one with the problem, pal.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Like kids on this board sometimes lol

@Worthingite give it some space for now to work out your own feelings. Don't ditch the cat. I love cats and at bad times are good to have around.

I personally would find it easier to get over a relationship that had naturally ran its course. People change a lot in their 20's and it does sound as if you have just grown apart. It sounds that you guys could remain friends.

A break up is always so much harder if one of you want to stay together and the other doesn't. A partner you love that has cheated I imagine would be much harder to take.

31 one no age (im 33) so plenty of time to meet someone anyway. Plus by the sounds of people on here it sounds like bi polar can be quite difficult to deal with in a partner.

You will meet someone else. It is inevitable and in the mean time you have a 15 year old pussy

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
It's like losing a dog, it hurts and only time will fix it. Try not to keep it alive just through your temporary loneliness. Sadly couples often live in each others pockets, start taking each other for granted and either one or the other wonders if 'is this all there is to life' inevitably that's the end. Unfortunately both partners may have become distant from their previous friends but the upside is that something always comes along.... somethings come along for me before and improved my life and happiness. Give it until after the play-offs :wink: and you will have moved on and be having happier times than before..... Good Luck

Last edited:

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
After drifting along for 12 years or so after our relationship had run it's course after a couple of years I can only say that from my experience what seems like the end of the world is in fact the beginning. I can look back now and see where i was going wrong and how I was being dragged down without realising it. It is hard to see anything else when you rely on someone and you tell yourself that this is your lot. If you have little confidence then it is hard to break the cycle you are in. Once you do you realise that you were not being you. I suggest you learn about bipolar so that you are more informed and can make an objective informed decision. Don't let yourself down by doing nothing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here