Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
414c7be7e332d05edccd3f7da71d1ca2.gif

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
our dog charges £200 a day, he's a skilled worker but I think his degree certificate is a fake. Barkshire university

I've been fobbing him off with walks, food and tennis balls for over 4 years now, he seems quite happy,

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It’s a 5 year degree course to be a vet . So whilst not the 7 years required to be a medical consultant, it’s a highly skilled job . So don’t be that surprised when the bills as you say aren’t cheap !

What irritates me is when a basic brickie whose probably spent 3 months job shadowing a builder , had the cheek to quote me £750 for less than 2 days work to do some repointing . I won’t pay more than £250 per day for any tradesmen unless it’s at least semi skilled like a plasterer and even then I begrudge paying people that kind of money to people who don’t even have a degree. Not trying to sound pompous or on a wind up but I think it’s only fair that people that worked hard at school and at further education should be paid more . It always used to be like that , tradesmen have only been really earning good money since the 1970’s onwards .
Remind me never to work for you you massive ****.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Jeez, this has turned into a thread.

Get a cat.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Go to a rescue centre. There are some lovely dogs waiting for a loving home.

Cockapoos are mongrels with a silly name to be able to charge a fortune under the guise of allergies.

Interesting seeing how many thumbs up TB, far more liking your comments than those that disagreed.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Interesting seeing how many thumbs up TB, far more liking your comments than those that disagreed.

To bring this back on point (for a bit anyway), I do understand why going to a rescue centre is the best place to go. It's socially responsible, it's gives a dog a home and from a practical point of view it's the cheapest way of doing it. I will also go to my local one (which is currently shut in Honiley, Warwickshire). I remain open minded as the dog could be anything, emotionally issues from a wanker owner and we don't even know how old the bloody thing is but I will at least try.

On the flip side getting an 'Oven ready' dog has its appeal but we could be mugged off by a breeder looking to take the piss and the prices in this lockdown are clearly trying it on because they can. Like cars, there seems to be a miilion and one you can buy each with advantages and disadvantages and prices to suit for a ball of fur.

In summary, I'm thinking of letting the Mrs get a cockapoo and blaming her if it all goes wrong.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
To bring this back on point (for a bit anyway), I do understand why going to a rescue centre is the best place to go. It's socially responsible, it's gives a dog a home and from a practical point of view it's the cheapest way of doing it. I will also go to my local one (which is currently shut in Honiley, Warwickshire). I remain open minded as the dog could be anything, emotionally issues from a wanker owner and we don't even know how old the bloody thing is but I will at least try.

On the flip side getting an 'Oven ready' dog has its appeal but we could be mugged off by a breeder looking to take the piss and the prices in this lockdown are clearly trying it on because they can. Like cars, there seems to be a miilion and one you can buy each with advantages and disadvantages and prices to suit for a ball of fur.

In summary, I'm thinking of letting the Mrs get a cockapoo and blaming her if it all goes wrong.

Going back to my point about Thunder Bolt's post, I'm not sure if the thumbs up are for the " Go to a rescue centre " point or the Cockerpoo comment, or both.

It's difficult to give advice, I know people that have got really nice rescue dogs, and some that haven't been so lucky.
I look after a friends dog occasionally, they have got 3 pedigree dogs, I know they did research on the breeders and saw the pups with the mothers.
I know nothing about buying a Cockapoo, there must be some decent people breeding these dogs, and my guess many dodgy ones.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Jeez, this has turned into a thread.

Get a cat.

WTF! Just thought I'd check back on this thread to see how the dog vote was going and thought I'd been transported to another dimension!

And I might add my British Shorthair can do plumbing, brickwork and electrics and all at a very reasonable rates ;)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Going back to my point about Thunder Bolt's post, I'm not sure if the thumbs up are for the " Go to a rescue centre " point or the Cockerpoo comment, or both.

It's difficult to give advice, I know people that have got really nice rescue dogs, and some that haven't been so lucky.
I look after a friends dog occasionally, they have got 3 pedigree dogs, I know they did research on the breeders and saw the pups with the mothers.
I know nothing about buying a Cockapoo, there must be some decent people breeding these dogs, and my guess many dodgy ones.

Back to the car anology, it is what it is. Some people buy Fords for life, others would rather walk everywhere. Rescue dogs could go either way, so could a breeders. There will always be an element of luck of the draw where animals are involved. I guess research is key plus crossed fingers.

That's why I'm veering towards leaving it to my wife and running away from the problem. In the absence of a legit dealer (30 years ago, that meant something else) or really knowing where to start, It will be my ******* fault if we get a wanker dog that I've chosen that I didn't want in the first place. At least I can pass the blame on if she decides to Spunk over a grand (plus insurance and god. Knows what else) rather than it being mine for something that the kids only notice when it gets in the way of Fortnite after the first month.

As to everyone else, Thankyou all for the comments and especially the arguments. I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
WTF! Just thought I'd check back on this thread to see how the dog vote was going and thought I'd been transported to another dimension!

And I might add my British Shorthair can do plumbing, brickwork and electrics and all at a very reasonable rates ;)

I’ve had a couple that are good at digging holes and they have achieved it on their own, unlike many workman that need their mates to stand and watch.

Did I criticise workman? Suppose I did to a degree. Shit I mentioned degree.

That’ll put me in the dog house.

Have to chew over the bones of this thread or is it a shaggy dog story?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Back to the car anology, it is what it is. Some people buy Fords for life, others would rather walk everywhere. Rescue dogs could go either way, so could a breeders. There will always be an element of luck of the draw where animals are involved. I guess research is key plus crossed fingers.

That's why I'm veering towards leaving it to my wife and running away from the problem. In the absence of a legit dealer (30 years ago, that meant something else) or really knowing where to start, It will be my ******* fault if we get a wanker dog that I've chosen that I didn't want in the first place. At least I can pass the blame on if she decides to Spunk over a grand (plus insurance and god. Knows what else) rather than it being mine for something that the kids only notice when it gets in the way of Fortnite after the first month.

As to everyone else, Thankyou all for the comments and especially the arguments. I've thoroughly enjoyed it.
If you want a smaller dog Jack Russell’s are great loyal, good guard dogs, deal with rats mice & foxes bundles of energy. My girl never leaves my side when I’m in. You can’t really let them of the lead as they chase after every moving object apart from that lovely dogs.

Last edited:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I don't mind cats but anyone with more than 2 in thier house is 99% of the time completely weird.

I worked in one house with 17 cats :eek: there was a cat everywhere I looked, I had been in one before with 9 and that was enough. I was called out to an emergency job this week and I gave up counting the cats in this flat, full on crazy cat lady owner :mad:

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder

A couple of “oodles” enjoying the sunshine. They are both great with children and don’t leave hairs around the place. Whatever you get will soon become one of the family:)
79ADFAB0-70F9-4775-BA63-8155053634CA.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here