Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get behind McGhee he is seriously in credit with this club

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
McGhee out ???

What the hell is that about.

McGhee is seriously in credit with this football club and don't forget it.

We had no right whatsoever when we went up from Div 1 in McGhees first season, no one expected us to and McGhee achieved this. Remember the day out in Cardiff, one of the best days of my lifetime for sure.

McGhee kept us up last season against all the odds, we had no right to stay up. McGhee is managing a championship club with div 2 facilities and resources.

We are punching 1/2 divisions above our weight in the present circumstances. McGhee put his faith in this club before he knew whether we would be in the champiosnhip or Div 1 this season when he resigned.

Ok we are having a bad run, 2 defeats in a row, so what. We need a bit of luck and the confidence will come back. McGhee has stuck with us and all the Falmer saga. The chips are down, time to repay Mark's faith in this club now and stop all this nonsense about McGhee out.

We could get noone better than Mark is our position, be thankful for this and give him a standing ovation tomorrow.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Uncle Spielberg said:
McGhee out ???

What the hell is that about.

McGhee is seriously in credit with this football club and don't forget it.

We had no right whatsoever when we went up from Div 1 in McGhees first season, no one expected us to and McGhee achieved this. Remember the day out in Cardiff, one of the best days of my lifetime for sure.

McGhee kept us up last season against all the odds, we had no right to stay up. McGhee is managing a championship club with div 2 facilities and resources.

We are punching 1/2 divisions above our weight in the present circumstances. McGhee put his faith in this club before he knew whether we would be in the champiosnhip or Div 1 this season when he resigned.

Ok we are having a bad run, 2 defeats in a row, so what. We need a bit of luck and the confidence will come back. McGhee has stuck with us and all the Falmer saga. The chips are down, time to repay Mark's faith in this club now and stop all this nonsense about McGhee out.

We could get noone better than Mark is our position, be thankful for this and give him a standing ovation tomorrow.

Damn right, some peoplpe have very short memories we dont deserve to be in this league. I will be giving him a standing ovation tomorrow and i hope the 3200 others will be aswell.

:clap2: :clap2:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It's one of those situations that you see when tv pundits and fans of other clubs can see it unemotionally and say what could or would anyone else do in our current situation and miracles were performed in getting us to and keeping us at this level in the first place.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well said GARTH.
The positives far outweight the negatives with MM - even taking into account he's scottish. I don't always agree with his selections, but nobody else could've done any better than him under these circumstances.

I haven't read all of NSC either today or yesterday - please don't tell me anyone is seriously saying McGhee out apart from the usual Ernesto goonery :lolol: :lol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
At last a positive thread against all the moaning about performance and swearing !!!!

MM has done well and I for one think we have a much stronger team this season. Get a couple of wins on the trot and the team will have the confidence it needs to have a good season. I still predict mid-table come May.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If we can get fourth from bottom again this season, playing a far better quality of football - that'll do for me

Magoo IN, Magoo IN :clap2: :clap2:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
London Irish said:
I haven't read all of NSC either today or yesterday - please don't tell me anyone is seriously saying McGhee out apart from the usual Ernesto goonery :lolol: :lol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Strangely enough the 'McGhee Out' faction have not been augmented by Ernest. This may have been an oversight on his part but he was here yesterday rightfully holding forth on the subject of banning people who swear.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I think MM as and is doing a great job given the situation we find ourselves in. Hopefully when we get a yes to Falmer, he will be able to attract a few players in the transfer window.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I agree that we need to get behind the manager and I totally back him.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont think anyone seriously believes that McGhee should go....and i am not sure where this comes from.

He is not immune to critisism and should not be immune, whatever he has done for the club.

f the team plays well, we give him credit for selecting the best side and making them gell, if they play badly, he must also take the rap...comes with the territory.

2 wins since Feb 2005 would have most managers being harranged unmercifully...MM has not. What about Everton where Moyes is being abused and he took Everton to 4th in the Prem!!!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
I dont think anyone seriously believes that McGhee should go....and i am not sure where this comes from.

He is not immune to critisism and should not be immune, whatever he has done for the club.

f the team plays well, we give him credit for selecting the best side and making them gell, if they play badly, he must also take the rap...comes with the territory.

2 wins since Feb 2005 would have most managers being harranged unmercifully...MM has not. What about Everton where Moyes is being abused and he took Everton to 4th in the Prem!!!

That is a slightly more balanced view than what is generally being said.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's down to the fact that most of us are aware of our circumstances and thus have a much lower expectation than the likes of Everton.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There were some McGhee out rumblings on Harty's show

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
dave the gaffer said:

I think the difference is with expectations. Everton fans expect to be top 4 or 5 again this season, where as we expect to be in a relegation battle.

I agree 2 wins since Feb 2005 does not make good reading though. The point is that if we are making a team for the future and MM as never said anything different to that. If we were to get shot of him, then who else whould we be able to get to come in and use the squad and backroom staff we have, and do a better job?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What exactly are "these circumstances" though?

Finances: given the Coca-cola money our player budget must be as good if not better than a number of other clubs? We certainly havn't struggled to sign players of a seemingly good pedigree this summer.

Training facilities: we use the local university facilities. How many other Championship clubs have their own facilities?

Ground: enought said. We obviously struggle on this front, but at times I do wonder if our atmosphere, pitch and player facilites are as great a hinderance to the team as they are made out to be. Is our atmosphere or facilites that much worse than say Watford, Cardiff, Luton, Burnley, Plymouth, Crewe?

Before anyone asks, these are questions, nothing else. I am just curious as to what people's perception of 'these circumstances' means as it is often used in discussion. But, it is my opinion (based on some guess work I admit) that we are not the most disadvantaged team in the Championship. Consequently I feel we should be doing a little better than we are. Maybe someone can prove me wrong with some facts?

Tubthumper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here