Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gerrard & Carragher Showing Support For That Bloke In Prison

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Why is it the FA see it differently to David Norris showing support for Luke McCormick?

Steven-Gerrard-001.jpg

Norris gets a bollocking and a fine, even though he said it was personal gesture to a friend, without ever saying it was for Luke

Gerrard and Carragher get away with it completely even though their T Shirts are aimed specifically at a Liverpool fan who is in jail for trying to murder a Bulgarian waiter.

Dont get me wrong, yes McCormick is an idiot for drink driving, but he did go out with the intent of killing someone, yet this Michael fella is in prison because he tried and failed to kill someone. The guy is trying to clear his name, hence the sign of support from Gerrard, but still should it be allowed, and should be punished surely?

The FA should have the same rules for all professional players at all levels as they are supposed to berole models for their club and its community.

Last edited:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
One rule for the Premier League, different rule for everybody else.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
McCormick was found guilty was he not? this Liverpool Fan, has the jury decided its verdict yet?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Why is it the FA see it differently to David Norris showing support for Luke McCormick?

Steven-Gerrard-001.jpg

Norris gets a bollocking and a fine, even though he said it was personal gesture to a friend, without ever saying it was for Luke

Gerrard and Carragher get away with it completely even though their T Shirts are aimed specifically at a Liverpool fan who is in jail for trying to murder a Bulgarian waiter.

Dont get me wrong, yes McCormick is an idiot for drink driving, but he did go out with the intent of killing someone, yet this Michael fella is in prison because he tried and failed to kill someone.

The FA should have the same rules for all professional players at all levels as they are supposed to berole models for their club and its community.

Hasn't someone (other than the lad that is doing bird) admitted killing the waiter but because of some loop hole in the law can't be prosecuted?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
McCormick was found guilty was he not? this Liverpool Fan, has the jury decided its verdict yet?

Being in prison for 10 years says the jury has made its mind up. But he is trying to over turn the decision because someone else allegedly confessed.

Both Norris's and Gerrard's actions were stupid, both very similar actions, but one goes unpunished, so I was just wondering why

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I was talking about this last night, I cannot understand why they are showing support for a man that attempted to kill someone, whether or not he succeeded is irrelavant. For them to be showing support to someone like this is a disgrace in my opinion and should be punished heavily. As far as I can see, it was the whole Liverpool team wearing the t-shirts, does anybody know whether it was the players themselves or the clubs idea?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Scousers live by different rules to most folk. They are bred differently.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Being in prison for 10 years says the jury has made its mind up. But he is trying to over turn the decision because someone else allegedly confessed.

Both Norris's and Gerrard's actions were stupid, both very similar actions, but one goes unpunished, so I was just wondering why

I agree.

Liverpool and the players have no idea if he is innocent or not and therefore should not be taking his side. Couldn't believe it when I saw it.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Steven-Gerrard-001.jpg

Dont get me wrong, yes McCormick is an idiot for drink driving, but he did go out with the intent of killing someone, yet this Michael fella is in prison because he tried and failed to kill someone. The guy is trying to clear his name, hence the sign of support from Gerrard, but still it should be allowed, and should be punished surely?

get your facts right and do a bit of research before going off on one. The support is for a bloke in prison for a crime that someone else has admitted doing, nothing like the scum that is McCormick

Marc

Jul 6, 2003

cool just did'nt know either story really!

anyway Brett, you've been finding alot of things to MOAN about lately, I fear you're getting too old for your age mate....get down the boozer and DRINK damn you :thumbsup:

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
get your facts right and do a bit of research before going off on one. The support is for a bloke in prison for a crime that someone else has admitted doing, nothing like the scum that is McCormick

What has gone on is irrelevant with Shields and McCormick.

I am asking about the showing of support by players who are role models to many

Why one person does it and gets punished (Norris), yet someone else does it and gets away with it (Gerrard)

Kukev31

Feb 2, 2005
Birmingham
After hearing of Shields's arrest in Bulgaria, Graham Sankey, another English football fan now back in the UK, confessed to attacking Georgiev. Sankey has no connection to Shields or his family but has been arrested for violent offences on a number of occasions in the past. The court refused to acknowledge Sankey's confession unless he returned to Bulgaria or agreed to appear in a British courtroom for questioning, via video connection, by a Bulgarian court. Sankey was not prepared to do this and subsequently retracted his confession. The confession itself did not match any of the facts determined by the investigation.

So it's a bit of a contentious issue, Michael could well be innocent, but he isn't definitely.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
because one is a miscarriage of justice in a foreign land while the other is very clearly not.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks

FACTS? You don't have any facts - someone else did admit to the crime, but then retracted that confession. This scouser might well be innocent, but at the moment he's a convicted criminal, just like McCormick. Mendoza's query is perfectly valid - why is one player punished for allegedly showing support for a prisoner whilst another who, along with his club, blatantly shows support for a convicted criminal suffers no sanction?

The answer is because the players are in the Premier league and the club is Liverpool.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
This weekend I shall try and photograph as many people as possible doing the Carragher.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Let's hope Gerrard and Co. are financing the legal costs of this 'innocent' prisoner rather than the taxpayer. Somehow I think they are not.

But I agree with Brett, it does smack of double standards by the football authorities.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What has gone on is irrelevant with Shields and McCormick.

Well not really if Shields is innocent which it looks quite likely he is. McCormick can't really deny (and hasn't) that he killed those kids as a result of his actions.

If you are making comparisons to the actions of the players then surely the two individual cases have to be bought into comparison as well?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think there's a big difference, although i don't completely condone Liverpool's actions.
One is supporting his friend who definetely did do what he's in prison for. what is the support for though?

Liverpool are supporting part of the club who they believe to be innocent, and try to encourage a Judicial Review.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here