Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Cant be arsed to read all of it but...

Mccormick was GUILTY.
Sheilds was NOT GUILTY.

Might be why.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
If you are making comparisons to the actions of the players then surely the two individual cases have to be bought into comparison as well?

Maybe, I dont think that either should have happened on th pitch, whatever the reasoning behind it. In my opinion both players commited the same offence, but one went unpunished.

Norris was only fined £5000 by the FA, so if they did the same to Gerrard it would hardly hurt him, and it would show consistency by the FA when it comes to punishing offences

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
and we dont?

By "we" do you mean NSC, or Brightonians in general ?

As far as I'm concerned, Boris Johnson was spot on with his remarks on Liverpool. It is the emotional incontinance capital of Europe.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
I think that as rolemodels Gerrard and Carragher have every right to highlight what is evidently an injustice. I dont understand why the Bulgarian courts dont ask for Sankey to be extradited? It smacks of getting any result rather than the right result.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
you know what scousers are like.....it reminds me of that web page that had the new liverpool shirt with a black arm band included as they are always mourning something.....anyone have a link to it cos it was really funny.

Also an Everton supporting mate of mine said that when ever Liverpool were playing, Everton fans used to phone the ground to tell the stadium announcer to read out a message 'could Michael Shields please contact stadium officials immediatly' or something along those lines. Apparently they first done it during a merseyside derby at Anfield and it was read out, much to the amusement of Everton fans.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Cant be arsed to read all of it but...

Mccormick was GUILTY.
Sheilds was NOT GUILTY.

Might be why.

At the moment Shields IS guilty becaue a court has found him to be. Someone else confessed to the crime but then retracted that confession. Hardly a basis on which to overturn the conviction.

None of us on here, nor anyone at Liverpool, knows that he is not guilty. Liverpool should not have protested his innocence. They may want him to be innocent, but they have no proof of that.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
At the moment Shields IS guilty becaue a court has found him to be. Someone else confessed to the crime but then retracted that confession. Hardly a basis on which to overturn the conviction.

None of us on here, nor anyone at Liverpool, knows that he is not guilty. Liverpool should not have protested his innocence. They may want him to be innocent, but they have no proof of that.

How can you prove someone to be innocent?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Doesn't appear to mass amount of evidence to suggest he did it either and that some it up really.

There is a sufficient degree of doubt regarding the conviction that it can't really be compared to the other case, or the reaction of the other players.

I have no idea whether he is "innocent", but from what I've read there didn't appear to an awful lot to convict him on either.

In which case, he shouldn't be in prison.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I have no idea whether he is "innocent", but from what I've read there didn't appear to an awful lot to convict him on either.

In which case, he shouldn't be in prison.

If he didn't do it then he shouldn't be in prison. But there presumably was enough evidence to persuade a court that he did it and that court would have heard all of the evidence, not just the potted version that makes it to the UK press.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
As far as I'm concerned, Boris Johnson was spot on with his remarks on Liverpool. It is the emotional incontinance capital of Europe.

If you haven't already have a read of:

519vO2cPzgL._SS500_.jpg

The chapter on Liverpool shares a very similar view to yours.

Once you've finished could I borrow it as I had about 50 pages to go before some complete aunt nicked my bag last week containing said book......and MP3 player.....and passport.......and laptop!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I never judge a book by its cover.
But that looks like a CRACKING read. :thumbsup:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
get your facts right and do a bit of research before going off on one. The support is for a bloke in prison for a crime that someone else has admitted doing, nothing like the scum that is McCormick

Is the correct answer. This bloke didn't get in an SUV and go tearing down a motorway when drunk and end up killing two children. His crime was being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Is the correct answer. This bloke didn't get in an SUV and go tearing down a motorway when drunk and end up killing two children. His crime was being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But he is a Scouser and apparently that's enough for many on here to decide he's guilty regardless of facts and/or knowledge of his case.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
But he is a Scouser and apparently that's enough for many on here to decide he's guilty regardless of facts and/or knowledge of his case.

I have worked in Liverpool several times over the years and there's a lot of truth in what people say but from all I have read and heard in this case the guy has been stitched up and the Romanians don't want to lose face by admitting they were wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here