Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gerrard & Carragher Showing Support For That Bloke In Prison

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
But he is a Scouser and apparently that's enough for many on here to decide he's guilty regardless of facts and/or knowledge of his case.
I have no idea whether he's guilty or not but he remains a convicted attempted murderer. The Liverpool players have no idea whether he's guilty or not and should therefore be careful about the public message. The Ipswich player was rightly censured for his display as was Cahill. So should Gerrard and Carragher.

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Rarely have I read a better example of sanctimonious and pious old twaddle. No-one really knows but popular opinion seems to have it that the Scouser in jail in Bulgaria is innocent. Totally different scenario to the Plymouth keeper. Out of interest back in the bad old days had an Albion player worn a t-shirt in support of the Albion fan who was jailed for threatening Bellotti's life should they have been censured for their support of a convicted criminal?

Some people! Sheesh!!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Scousers in Killing People at Football Matches and Then Getting a Bit Maudlin About it Shocker.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Out of interest back in the bad old days had an Albion player worn a t-shirt in support of the Albion fan who was jailed for threatening Bellotti's life should they have been censured for their support of a convicted criminal?

Some people! Sheesh!!

Yes they should, if it is the rules set by the FA, which the used to fine Norris, then they should do it for us, Gerrard or any other player that shows support for someone staying in her majesty's hotel.

If it was a Brighton player showing support for one of NSC's finer gentleman in your question, yes we may get upset, but them the rules, and the players shouldnt be breaking them.

If the rules are set by the FA then by all means the players should show support.

The point of the thread was why one act goes unpunished, whilst the other doesnt.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If he didn't do it then he shouldn't be in prison. But there presumably was enough evidence to persuade a court that he did it and that court would have heard all of the evidence, not just the potted version that makes it to the UK press.
That is what people assume, but other countries legal systems aren't always as fair as ours.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I bet you do.

kerpow! got me there mate. I am reeling from that one. I can just see my corner reaching for the towel through my blurred vision.

You think that he was convicted by the Romanians. Seriously mate just give up now.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
kerpow! got me there mate. I am reeling from that one. I can just see my corner reaching for the towel through my blurred vision.

You think that he was convicted by the Romanians. Seriously mate just give up now.

:yawn:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

Thats it, the refs stopped it. It couldnt go on, it was a fearsome beating. lets hope the ringside doctor is on hand for the brain swelling.

why dig someone out and then swerve it. what do you know about it anyway. oh yes you have been to liverpool on the train and read a newspaper.

like the other day you claimed that easter was not an christian appropriation of passover. did you ever look it up? the catholic church admit it for starters. but you are a resident theological expert arent you.

you make me laugh mate, you are so delusional about your own intelligence its almost funny. I admit I am not the sharpest tool in the box, you should try it. its very apparent.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Read up on the case

What I was trying to suggest was that say if it was a club in the Championship, randomly say Coventry, and they did the same thing, I'm pretty sure that the Football League would have acted by now like they did in the David Norris/Ipswich scenario.

Clubs in the Football League and those in the Premier League seem to get treated differently.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You have me at a disadvantage then sir.
It was his editorial. His name was above it. He took responsibility for it. He went up there and apologised for it.

But HE didn't write it ?? ???

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You have me at a disadvantage then sir.
It was his editorial. His name was above it. He took responsibility for it. He went up there and apologised for it.

But HE didn't write it ?? ???

Yeah hilarious, and he then had to go on a tour of Liverpool to apologise.:lolol:

It's been generally accepted he didn't write it, it was Simon Heffer. I think Simon Heffer has said in an interview that he wrote that months editors comment.

Just walks into them Boris :lolol:

Dont get me wrong, yes McCormick is an idiot for drink driving, but he did go out with the intent of killing someone, yet this Michael fella is in prison because he tried and failed to kill someone.

Have you had the writ off McCormick's solicitor yet? Mind you, if none of the posters on this thread picked up on that, then I don't expect he will!

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/7788070.stm

A few of you on here seem to know all the facts and will presumably expect Jack Straw to ratify the Bulgarian Court's judgement.

Justice must be done for the victim, but the scumbag who did it to him should be the one doing the time. That might be Shields but it looks as though there is a fair chance it wasnt.

How you can compare this with the Norris/McCormick situation is beyond me. I guess to some everything is just black and white!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here