Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Germany v Turkey: who do you want to win?

Who do you want to win tonight?

• Germany

Votes: 34 47.2%
  • Turkey

Votes: 32 44.4%
  • The ref

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • The fans

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Germany will fluke the win , the final Sunday is not worth watching now with the Germans in it. Shame as the tournament has been great but I will not watch the final now as it would be too much to bear to watch the Germans play utter shite and pick the trophy up again

You do have a tendency to take these things very personally huh?

Pablo

Jul 8, 2003
Worthing
You do have a tendency to take these things very personally huh?

Indeed. The Germans have a winning mentality. They have done to Turkey what they produced against Czech Rep, Switzerland, Croatia - underserved wins maybe, but kept going to the very last minute.

I feel we're pretty similar o Germany skill wise, but we just don't know how to pull it off on the international stage....we get too defensive if we get a goal up and not push on....

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...or we get the jitters in penalty shoot-outs.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Krauts should be utterly ashamed of themselves. Wankers.

I think this about speaks for itself, really - from anybody else it would slightly weird and offensive..but in this case, well - nothing more than pitiably amusing really. And to ride a high horse about personal insults on other threads whilst sticking your unhinged head up your own rectum is really quite an achievement in itself. Mentalist.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think this about speaks for itself, really - from anybody else it would slightly weird and offensive..but in this case, well - nothing more than pitiably amusing really. And to ride a high horse about personal insults on other threads whilst sticking your unhinged head up your own rectum is really quite an achievement in itself. Mentalist.

I've calmed down now Colin but the " German football team " annoy me , they are always very lucky and robbed the rightfully better team yet again. for " Germans " read " the German football team " , not 80 000 000 Germans but you knew that didn't you and just thought you would try and stir it up with a very dubious and inaccurate statement, carry on if it makes your day better. Oh, and I bloody well hope and pray the German football team lose Sunday.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The Germans just cannot be trusted to act in a sporting and decent manner, utter wankers the lot of them.
More hypocritical diseased ramblings from NSC's own permanent village idiot here - come on then, give the world one example of Germany not acting sporting or decently last night. Because I don't remember one instance, not when our pretty decent penalty shout was turned down, or after the final whistle, not at any stage.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
More hypocritical diseased ramblings from NSC's own permanent village idiot here - come on then, give the world one example of Germany not acting sporting or decently last night. Because I don't remember one instance, not when our pretty decent penalty shout was turned down, or after the final whistle, not at any stage.

well the equaliser was very poorly timed. i didn't have the time to send you an abusive text before the bloody goal went in. bastards!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
well the equaliser was very poorly timed. i didn't have the time to send you an abusive text before the bloody goal went in. bastards!
:lolol: that thought actually crossed my mind that at the time...tsk - slower than Schweinsteiger in your dotage eh

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Colin

Sorry but the German football team have always been and will always be " The Krauts " as far as I am concerned. Ever since the ruined my summer of 1990 and 1996 when they beat us in 2 major tournament penalty shoot outs and were the poorer side on both occasions.

Ever since then I have taken great delight in slagging them off and deriding their football and last night summed them up nicely for me.

You bringing this into a broader thing of slagging off Germans per se is your prejudices showing their ugly head again. I do not know many German people and am sure they are all decent eggs but the football team are " The Krauts ". Childish , quite possibly but isn't that football, having childish hates and names against teams , league or nation football.

Isn't that what makes the game all the more enjoyable , whetherr it be the Palace " scum " or the German " Krauts ". I am sure this is a large reason why there has been peace in Europe for over 60 years in that we can take our battles onto the football pitch and settle it that way.

So I am sorry but do not ever expect me to support the German football team.

On Sunday I will be settling back with a six pack desperate to see " The Krauts " defeated.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Right, so we now have an entry for a boring Miss World speech as made by a sanctimonious remedial hypocrite but still no answer as to when the German team apparently cheated last night...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1. When that geezer was off the pitch and rolled on when Turkey where on an attacking move with a chance of scoring so the ref had to stop play
2. When they claimed a penalty and the blokes leg was clipped OUTSIDE the box

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
3. When CKR's shirt was pulled when he was in their penalty box

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Is this a genocide thing? The Turks did that too you know?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
1. Didn't see that. Or maybe you just made it up in your twisted mental-age-of-a-toddler bigotry?
2. Complete Desert Orchid's own horseshit - looked like a good penalty shout to me, or at least a free kick on the edge of the area (the ref gave neither). No team in the world wouldn't have appealed for that. Complete f***ing arsewater, even by your standards.
3. That was a minor foul that didn't get given, I suppose it could have been. I can think of a few hefty scything challenges by Turkey early on that the ref turned an equally blind eye to. But Germany still won, scoring two brilliant goals as they did so. What's your point caller?

Anyway, cretinous mean-spirited bores notwithstanding, I'm hugely proud of my international team today, and with many good reasons, not least the fact that Germany have scored three of the best goals of the tournament (Schweini v Portugal, Ballack v Austria and last night's winner by Lahm).

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Colin

I do not like the German football team why the bloody hell should I so carry on your personal insulting diatribe, I did not direct any personal insults in your direction but this is typivcal of you. Point 1 - Are you Arsene Wenger, it was blatant and the commentators went on about it for 5 minutes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Colin

I do not like the German football team why the bloody hell should I so carry on your personal insulting diatribe, I did not direct any personal insults in your direction but this is typivcal of you. Point 1 - Are you Arsene Wenger, it was blatant and the commentators went on about it for 5 minutes.

pssst! *whispers* You do know that the injured German rolling back onto the pitch was in their PREVIOUS MATCH, not last night?

Carry on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here