Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Germany v Italy - The NSC OFFICIAL Thread

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City
Timbo said:
Seeing as it's sweeping generalisation time, I don't know why 'you lot' invaded Poland.

Not always diving, sometimes exagerating minimal contact to get free kicks. Ballack has been one of the worst offenders.

This time round the world cup seems to have gone full circle. Fans a real credit (Germans were awesome last night), players have let themselves down.
"you lot" was aimed at the people who see diving everywhere at any time, nothing to do with nationalities.

btw, didnt i remember a friendly before the world cup, when gerrard clearly dived?

i hate diving myself, but i also hate people who are hypocrite (sp?), unsportsmanlike behaviour happens in every sport and in every nation. this "england players never dive, but the others do all the time" makes me laugh...

no seeing well through a pair of glasses with a red cross painted over it, eh? :D

GermanShepherd said:
"you lot" was aimed at the people who see diving everywhere at any time, nothing to do with nationalities.

btw, didnt i remember a friendly before the world cup, when gerrard clearly dived?

i hate diving myself, but i also hate people who are hypocrite (sp?), unsportsmanlike behaviour happens in every sport and in every nation. this "england players never dive, but the others do all the time" makes me laugh...

no seeing well through a pair of glasses with a red cross painted over it, eh? :D

Gerrard was bollocked for it, because we don't like diving.

Other players have also been picked out as cheating bastards.

I don't believe British players dive, fall over as easily as some of their counterparts. Luckily yeatsterday, the ref was very good, he was having no theatreatics ( spelling error here) he alloweed the game to flow, picked players up. So both sides concentrated on playing football.

Was he the same ref who was crap againgst England?

LC

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Was it just me, or was the German fans whistling through the Italian national anthem the first time this has happened during the WC? It certainly hasn't happened during any of the other games I've watched (about half of them).

I was a neutral until I heard that, but then it was Forza Italia! all the way ... :clap2:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I will be in tomorrow with my diving stats (as per the Observer) from pre-sunday games.

The English were along way behind some of the other nations.

I think Ballack is a bit of a twit. He commits so many niggling fouls and gets away with them. I expected more of him, but then I suppose he is now Chelsea and what can you expect?

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City
dont know bout the anthem, as i was still in the car driving over from bristol. if they did, i think its a disgrace. would imagine this was due the fact the "hint" for frings' ban to play came from italy, but this shouldnt be an excuse for it.

first ones who did it were the dutch v yugoslavia, they always do that.

fair play to the england fans, they got a reputation and history in whistling down other nation's anthems, but at this world cup you didnt hear anything. that's how it should be...

robbied69

Sep 20, 2005
North London
Sorry had to drag this up as I wasn't around yesterday.

What a great game it was. For me it was the game of the tournament. I did feel bad for the Germans because no team really deserved to lose it.

I think we really impressed in that game. For me Cannavaro was immense again. Grosso is looking good, I was skeptical of him at the start. Matrix was solid again, (remind me, he is the player that played for Everton). I just wish to fcuk Camoronesi would get dropped, I really don't know what he brings to the team.

Great celebration after. Didn't get in till 4 the following morning. Sunday should be fun.

Forza Azzurri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here