Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Germany v Italy - The NSC OFFICIAL Thread

Game of the tournament :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

The Italian control of midfield was total - did that Teutonic clogger Ballack get a kick of the ball all night? :lolol:

Well done Italy - an entire squad of 23 players from their national league, proving once again that Serie A is the best Europe has to offer :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
Got to grudgingly admit they're being quite dignified in defeat.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:

The Italian control of midfield was total - did that Teutonic clogger Ballack get a kick of the ball all night? :lolol:

Well done Italy - an entire squad of 23 players from their national league, proving once again that Serie A is the best Europe has to offer :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Blimey, i take you off ignore to find we agree 100% on something... Not going soft on me are you LI? :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
FORZA FORZA FORZA

the best game of hth tournement so far - well done Ref - brilliant

Fantastic performance by the Azzurri

Come on the French - stuff those cheats and lets have a final worthy of the name

FORZA FORZA FORZA ITALIA

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Great game. Really great game. Start to finish was brilliant movement and passing. A good ref for the first time in these finals too. And topped off by two fantastic goals. Italy for the cup :clap2:

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Dies Irae said:
FORZA FORZA FORZA

the best game of hth tournement so far - well done Ref - brilliant

Fantastic performance by the Azzurri

Come on the French - stuff those cheats and lets have a final worthy of the name

FORZA FORZA FORZA ITALIA

I knew you'd be along soon!

I'm off to Italy in about 3 weeks so hopefully they will win and the whole country will be buzzing when I get there. (although it probably will be anyway when they find out I'm coming).

Ballack.

12 mins into extra time, ball looping in the air. He made no attempt to head it, he went into the back of the neck of that Italian with both arms and then faked his own injury.

Wasn't that violent conduct? And then where was the booking for faking a foul?

Watch this space next year?

Last edited:

Roger Mellie

Sep 27, 2004
London SE1
London Irish said:

Absolute shite. Serie A is so far off the best Europe has to offer. Not only is it bent it also spawned the most boring football known to man and taught Sven all he knows. Which explains why we are now regarded as a boring football nation.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
London Irish said:

Go along with all of that except for the bit about Serie A. 'Chess on Grass' is all very well but I like an error strewn 4 all draw, hence I love the Premiership!

Certainly good to see Ballack shown up for what he is.

Trigger said:
Blimey, i take you off ignore to find we agree 100% on something... Not going soft on me are you LI? :lolol:

Marcelo Lippi has to be the Italian Mark McGhee :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Timbo said:
Go along with all of that except for the bit about Serie A. 'Chess on Grass' is all very well but I like an error strewn 4 all draw, hence I love the Premiership!

Certainly good to see Ballack shown up for what he is.

Catenaccio is the past, I think Italian football is quite progressive and attacking these days, the full-backs Grosso and Zambrotta spent most of the game tonight as advanced wingers. Their combination with the class players of the Italian midfield like Pirlo and Totti was mouthwatering.

Italy's problem is that they have no class strikers, Toni was a little disappointing, workhorse though he undoubtedly is.

If the Klose and Podolski families had emigrated south-ish instead of west, Italy would have won that game 5-0.

Last edited:

Bono

Jul 18, 2003
Buckinghamshire
A game like that made me realise how crap England/Sven actually were.

England were just a dull side making up numbers, jamming their way through with careful boring tactics.

Thankfully, the World Cup has benefitted from some decent football sides, and tomorrows' game should be okay too. As long as Portugal lose, I don't mind who wins tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here