Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Germany v Italy - The NSC OFFICIAL Thread

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
AMelbourneAlbionSupporter said:
The Iti's are dirty cheating, thieving bastards, don't care how they won. ****s!

Twat. What the f*** do you know living in a land founded on cheats.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Southy said:

Bit uncalled for. Simple fact is Australia had chances to win and Italy were a man down.

Southy said:

they were your countrymen as well and if stealing a loaf of bread to eat is cheating, well :shootself

Downloaded Penguin said:
Bit uncalled for. Simple fact is Australia had chances to win and Italy were a man down.

100% agree DP, but the fact the Italians resort to diving or trawling through vidoes to get a player banned is dirty..FACT!

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City
what a great match of football, pure class from both sides, with a great finale, which unfortunately went against us... would have loved penalties tho... :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
what a great tournament for our team, never thought they could get into the last 4, i said 1/4 finals at the best and optimistic...

my favourites to win the world cup are in the final, we play the little final for 3rd spot. said it before the world cup, they are hard to beat, and they have proven me right.

btw, Formerly Known as DEZ: we are not heartbroken, and we certainly wont complain that frings wasnt playing, or make stuff up to excuse a performance... we werent self-proclaimed world cup contenders but we (unlike others) have over-performed, and made every german proud of them.

our boys battled like men, the best thing is that this team got its prime way ahead of them, only kahn and lehmann are retiring, as far as i know. so expect a bit in the next couple of years...

for the first time since 1990, i enjoied watching our team, who won every critic over with attractive attacking football. this tournament came 2 years too early, we can hold our heads up high, altho a bit disappointed, the better team went through.

:bowdown:

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
AMelbourneAlbionSupporter said:
100% agree DP, but the fact the Italians resort to diving or trawling through vidoes to get a player banned is dirty..FACT!

It's been a feature of this World Cup, not just Italy.

As for now...well, I want Italy to win. If France win then they will have surpassed the English total of one World Cup and they played shockingly at the start of the tournament.

If Portugal win then we can say we were beaten by the eventual winners and seeing a new team win the cup would be interesting. Having said that seeing Ronaldo cry would be sweet. I don't have any argument with any of the other Portuguese players.

If Italy win then they become the second most successful side in World Cup history having won 4 titles, behind Brazil's 5 and ahead of Germany's 3. I can live with that.

So, a nice Portuguese win tomorrow against France and a win for Italy in the final would suit me.

Loads of Italians in Brighton, bet all the Italian restaurants will be running specials for months...and I love pizza, soooo...

FORZA ITALIA!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bono said:
A game like that made me realise how crap England/Sven actually were.

True but I don't think England could play that sort of football if they had a combination of Big Phil, Guus Hiddink and Father Christmas in charge. We just haven't got the players with the invention of the Italians.

I'm out tonight so will miss the next game:

Allez les Vieux!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
As much as it pains me to say - it was a stonking couple of goals to the better side last night...Can't stand them but have to admit they were the better team - seemed Germany were happy to play for penalties and Italy were never going to go there and Germany underestimated that desire... There goes my prediction for the final too!! I thought it would be Germany v France, glad I didn't put my money where my mouth is!!

*sigh*

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Gwylan said:
True but I don't think England could play that sort of football if they had a combination of Big Phil, Guus Hiddink and Father Christmas in charge. We just haven't got the players with the invention of the Italians.

But we have got the players to attack and maybe over-achieve like the Germans. Then you never know what might happen.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Google translation of the match report from Corriere Della Sera:

riumph to the additional ones: 2-0 to the Germany, goal of Large and the Piero
World-wide enterprise, Italy is in end

Italy is in end of the World-wide one: a result obtained with great suffering but also with extreme conviction, striking the 2-0 Germany landlady of house to the additional ones. Of Large and the Piero the two goals, it arrives to you when all seemed already ready for the rigors. Italy also had hit two poles with Gilardino and additional Zambrotta at the beginnig of the first time, showing to deserve the goal of the final. The Germany is outside, once again endures the blue maldizione to the World-wide one even to Dortmund, where until never it had yesterday not lost one left. The blueta will play final Sunday to the 21 to Berlin. The adversary will be the France or the Portugal that faces themselves this evening.

GermanShepherd said:
what a great match of football, pure class from both sides, with a great finale, which unfortunately went against us... would have loved penalties tho... :D

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
what a great tournament for our team, never thought they could get into the last 4, i said 1/4 finals at the best and optimistic...

my favourites to win the world cup are in the final, we play the little final for 3rd spot. said it before the world cup, they are hard to beat, and they have proven me right.

btw, Formerly Known as DEZ: we are not heartbroken, and we certainly wont complain that frings wasnt playing, or make stuff up to excuse a performance... we werent self-proclaimed world cup contenders but we (unlike others) have over-performed, and made every german proud of them.

our boys battled like men, the best thing is that this team got its prime way ahead of them, only kahn and lehmann are retiring, as far as i know. so expect a bit in the next couple of years...

for the first time since 1990, i enjoied watching our team, who won every critic over with attractive attacking football. this tournament came 2 years too early, we can hold our heads up high, altho a bit disappointed, the better team went through.

:bowdown:

my hat is off to you< for sporting attitude so soon after losing
the german people have presented an excellent spectacle and treated supporters to a safe and enjoyable tournament>
well done germany:clap2:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
dont like italian football but they won me over last night , pure quality + would be worthy winners of the WC . No rolling around / diving . . just pure football. Well done Italy + good luck

GermanShepherd

Oct 17, 2005
Cardiff City
eastlondonseagull said:
TWas shocked that the Germans dived more than the Italians last night from the little of the match I saw, Podolski especially.
i dunno where you lot see diving all the time...?

or is it you like to see it?;)

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Be interesting though if Italy won the world cup then had it taken away due to the match fixing investigations!! :lol:

The players should be the ones being penalised as well as the clubs!!

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
GermanShepherd said:
i dunno where you lot see diving all the time...?

or is it you like to see it?;)

Seeing as it's sweeping generalisation time, I don't know why 'you lot' invaded Poland.

Not always diving, sometimes exagerating minimal contact to get free kicks. Ballack has been one of the worst offenders.

This time round the world cup seems to have gone full circle. Fans a real credit (Germans were awesome last night), players have let themselves down.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here