Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Germany v England

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Find it amazing that anyone who saw the slo-mo is accusing Kane of diving. Yes he cheats by backing in to win dubious free kicks, and no he was never getting to the ball, but it was clear as day that the defenders knee crashed into kane's calf which pushed that leg into the other one tripping him up.

Dubious penalty but never a dive. Some people always seem to need someone to hate.

Did his continuous antics in our matches v Spuds not get you a little miffed?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Is it possible that he wasn't offside as he hadn't touched the ball?
I assume if you're fouled in an offside position, it's still a foul

Exactly that. The foul takes precedence over the potential offside.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So England played poorly but came away with a draw away to Germany. That's the sort of thing good teams do, right?

It is so bizarre how so many seemingly sensible and intelligent people lose their shit when it comes to England. There's an almost desperate need for England to fail. If that's not true then it's how it comes across.

Better players and better managers have consistently done worse than this squad and this manager. Just enjoy it.:shrug:

Its not a bad result but Germany really isn't particularly good currently.

Also not sure England ever had a better squad.

Find it amazing that anyone who saw the slo-mo is accusing Kane of diving. Yes he cheats by backing in to win dubious free kicks, and no he was never getting to the ball, but it was clear as day that the defenders knee crashed into kane's calf which pushed that leg into the other one tripping him up.

Dubious penalty but never a dive. Some people always seem to need someone to hate.

Agree, there is no chance for him to stand up in that situation. Doesn't make it a penalty as they accidently trip over each other rather than one player fouling the other, but not a dive.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Thread sinking which is a shame.

Had we of lost 1-0 then would be top of the board for days.

Must be hard to be a knocker these days , opportunities very few and far between.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Southgate described himself as 'pleased' with the level of performance against Germany. Thought we competed well against a dynamic and focused Germany side who are very much on the up. Draw was a fair result overall and I'd have happily taken a point before the game but one point from the first two fixtures means 6 points are an absolute must from the two coming home fixtures.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Southgate has a goalkeeper who is just not up to it. Big Bob would have saved that goal. As for the back four? Garbage! A golden generation wasted by a myopic manager with little new player development over the last twelve months.Imagine what a good team like Spain or Argentina would do to us?

Sack the manager now and get someone new in for the WC.

And I don’t mean a plumber!

TNBA

TTF

There are plumbers on here who could do a better job, in under 5 minutes. :thumbsup:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
For such a big and strong guy....he does come crashing down rather easily though.

My 90 year old mother would have stayed on her feet there. You know what Kane is going to do,he's very good at it but it doesn't make it right.It's cheating,simple as that. Don't get me wrong,it happens all the time and we had an expert in the dark arts of winning free-kicks and penalties, but, it's cheating nevertheless. Remember him backing into Lallana and then rolling over his back to win the equalising penalty a season or so back? Cheat!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
so you do except that he's a recidivist cheat then?

No more than anyone else, maybe rename this “Harry Kane meltdown thread”

50th goal up and on course to the record to go with his Golden boot from a World Cup and England’s top scorer in finals.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My 90 year old mother would have stayed on her feet there. You know what Kane is going to do,he's very good at it but it doesn't make it right.It's cheating,simple as that. Don't get me wrong,it happens all the time and we had an expert in the dark arts of winning free-kicks and penalties, but, it's cheating nevertheless. Remember him backing into Lallana and then rolling over his back to win the equalising penalty a season or so back? Cheat!

Agree. Cheating, but it was also dangerous what he did to Lalana.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Changing the subject for a moment from “is one of England’s greatest ever strikers a cheat or not because he’s shafted the Albion once or twice and the referee is an innocent bystander, forever hoodwinked by Kane’s tricks”, I could watch Hazza take penalties every day. He puts all of those who say penalties are a lottery to shame.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Agree. Cheating, but it was also dangerous what he did to Lalana.

Yes indeed it was and he was very clever at it, if it is not stamped down on, and referees don't blow for a foul carry on.
You cannot deny as much as I dislike his "cheating" it works and he is determined to win at all costs.
One of those in your squad is a very handy player to have indeed, we would be in love with him if he wore the stripes.
Nailed on free kicks all over the place, with the odd penalty thrown in, he is a team and game changer.

Still a cheat ?
I am not so sure, just plays to rules even if he bends them.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
No more than anyone else, maybe rename this “Harry Kane meltdown thread”

50th goal up and on course to the record to go with his Golden boot from a World Cup and England’s top scorer in finals.

He did intentionally put a fellow professional at risk of serious injury, not good

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I could watch Hazza take penalties every day. He puts all of those who say penalties are a lottery to shame.

Does he? As he stood over the ne last night, the commentator reeled off the stat that he'd previously converted 13 of 17 penalties for England.

76% success, which is just UNDER the PL average. :shrug:

(I was surprised it wasn't higher tbh, as I don't remember him missing many)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I agree with those saying .....

Southgate's results record and the way he conducts himself deserves massive respect and should be in the discussion when talking about the best England manager of all time (people found Ramsay and Robson's selections and tactics odd sometimes)

Kane is a genuinely world class striker. Yes he's got a bit of dark arts about him, but no more than, say, Shearer.

I don't really understand English people who are strongly against this England team. Young players, hugely talented, speak well. Seem a decent enough bunch as footballer go

Germany are a pretty good international side. They look like a w/c quarter final side to me. Obviously well coached, with a clear identity, maybe just lacking the goal threat that you see in potential winners. An away draw is a good result

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Spoke with Bremen supporting German this morning.

1. Very disappointed that Gross is not now going to Bremen.
2. To paraphrase ‘ we (Germany) are shit, you really should have beaten us easily’

He flatters to deceive ….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
It’s been said by others on here but some of the comments on here are baffling.

In regards to Southgate it is results that matters and he has been the second most successful manager in our history. Far more decorated managers have done nothing like as well with far more talented squads. I also read about having easy draws, in 2018 that’s fair but in 2021 we had Germany, Croatia, Denmark (who were absolutely flying) and Italy and ultimately only lost on penalties. Noticeable also that Pep doesn’t trust Grealish in the biggest games but Southgate is castigated for it.

As for Kane the level of abuse on here is unbelievable. So he’s won a penalty by being cute against us and has stolen a few free kicks, given some of the tackles I have seen our players put in the hypocrisy is staggering, I also remember Sanchez being praised by many for his red card against Newcastle for goodness sake.

He has reached 50 international goals in less games than Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar and Lewandowski. He’s won a World Cup golden boot, hes already equalled the England tournament record including four goals in the knock out stages of Euros to fire us to a final. He will smash every England record and will go down as a legend despite what some on here think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here