Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Germany v England

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Well done. They'll certainly miss you.

See you for the Qatar World Cup where, despite England being shit, Southgate being shit, the whole tournament being a blood stained exercise in sports washing and ruining our domestic schedule, you'll nevertheless be watching the denouement, flag in hand, should we progress out of the group and into the part of the tournament the long term plan and it's young players are targeting.

Indeed.

We have a walk-over into phase 2.

Looks like phase 3 is where we have a proper game

Bring it on.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Look, tonight represented a comprehensive victory for England and the public want us all to now move on and get on with delivering their agenda. It’s clear Southgate got all the big calls right tonight and those who seek to deny that this was a great victory are clearly just Svenmoaners or are trying to let Wales and the USA walk to victory in the World Cup group through a coalition of chaos.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In a worthwhile game yes. Issue here is this is a game set up to get the team/squad ready for a tournament and it's the disjointed way we are playing and the personnel being used. The result is secondary to the understanding between the players. and the tactics being adopted by the manager. Our defence had bigger holes in it than a Boris party explanation.

Doesn't it make sense to try that our in the meaningless Nations League than in Qatar?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm not sure that either Bowen or Grealish can be described as England's best player unless your prism / terms of reference are incredibly narrow.

Bowen's had 1.25 glorified friendlies and Grealish flatters to deceive more than Graham Potter circa 2020.

JG should be starting ahead of Mount, Mount is a good player but JG can change games.

Hopefully today is the day we see Rice/Bellingham as the main two in the middle

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Did you stand there arms crossed when Murray won a pen?

No but I've chuckled at the incompetence of the ref.

I have often called out our players for diving or feigning injury as it irritates me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well done. They'll certainly miss you.

See you for the Qatar World Cup where, despite England being shit, Southgate being shit, the whole tournament being a blood stained exercise in sports washing and ruining our domestic schedule, you'll nevertheless be watching the denouement, flag in hand, should we progress out of the group and into the part of the tournament the long term plan and it's young players are targeting.

Don’t count on it, I’m nothing like you, I don’t jump on bandwagons once they are rolling :smile:

The ONLY reason I watched tonight was because we were playing Germany

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
JG should be starting ahead of Mount, Mount is a good player but JG can change games.

Hopefully today is the day we see Rice/Bellingham as the main two in the middle

That's why I'd start Mount and replace him with Grealish.

You need "good players" at the start and someone who can make things happen as an impact sub.

Not much point going one up in two minutes with a moment of genius if you're 1-2 down after 20 minutes because your star player was doing his hair instead of tracking back. And then bringing on a more complete but less inspired replacement.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Don’t count on it, I’m nothing like you, I don’t jump on bandwagons once they are rolling :smile:

The ONLY reason I watched tonight was because we were playing Germany

If I was Swanny I'd save that to bounce for when you post that you're tuning into the quarter-final. But I'm not that sad (or organised).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
“I hate cheats”

Don't get me wrong. I will not applaud any player who cheats to get a free kick etc. I don't like it when our players do it. However surely it is obvious that on a Brighton forum, people are less inclined to have a go at our own players.

It is good that you recognize Kane to be the horrible cheat he is though.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
That's why I'd start Mount and replace him with Grealish.

You need "good players" at the start and someone who can make things happen as an impact sub.

Not much point going one up in two minutes with a moment of genius if you're 1-2 down after 20 minutes because your star player was doing his hair instead of tracking back. And then bringing on a more complete but less inspired replacement.

With the formation we play we can afford an extra creative player as we have 3 at the back and 2 CM

There’s times when we attack and it’s Kane and Sterling v 4/5 defenders.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Don't get me wrong. I will not applaud any player who cheats to get a free kick etc. I don't like it when our players do it. However surely it is obvious that on a Brighton forum, people are less inclined to have a go at our own players.

So you never cheered and clapped a free kick / pen won by a Brighton player? I find it that hard to believe.

Horrible cheat lol. It was a pen

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Hmm...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Germany looked rampant in the first half, we grew into the game, agreed at best a very very soft penalty.
Thought the referee was pretty good otherwise and the thing that stood out to me the most was Pickfords distribution was laughable at times.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So you never cheered and clapped a free kick / pen won by a Brighton player? I find it that hard to believe.

Horrible cheat lol. It was a pen

Of course I celebrate any Albion goal. However cheating is wrong and for instance, if var shows a player cheated i am pleased they were found out, even to our cost. Cheating is ruining football and as the top star and top cheat, Kane is the pinnacle of cheaters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here