Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
20201207_150425.jpg

On the way to pick up the lobster pots , don't really get much flat calm sea here so a nice trip out .

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• Lobster.jpg
    Lobster.jpg
    501.3 KB · Views: 95

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This seems like the right thread to ask this question:

Is there a cheap, easily portable camera that is good for taking night photo's of cityscapes similar to [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION]'s photo above.

I have no idea about camera's, I'd just like to start taking the odd photo of Tokyo by night. I've tried with my phone but they don't come out so well.

Thanks in advance for any help!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Is there a cheap, easily portable camera that is good for taking night photo's of cityscapes similar to [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION]'s photo above.

I have no idea about camera's, I'd just like to start taking the odd photo of Tokyo by night. I've tried with my phone but they don't come out so well.

What's your budget? You can get a perfectly good beginners' setup for somewhere around £100. I started a year and a bit ago with a Canon 1100 & 50mm f/1.8. Suggest a 35mm to start off with if you're shooting cityscapes

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

What phone have you got. Can you control the aperture and length of shot shot. If your camera option does not do that then try downloading adobe lightroom for mobile. You need to take the picture over a time of > 1/30 of a sec to get the light which means you will need to use some sort of tripod. You might not get as good as results as a proper camera but the process is exactly the same so is a good starting point.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What's your budget? You can get a perfectly good beginners' setup for somewhere around £100. I started a year and a bit ago with a Canon 1100 & 50mm f/1.8. Suggest a 35mm to start off with if you're shooting cityscapes

That sounds just about right. Thanks!

Is thereany particular camera that's good for cityscapes or are they all much of a muchness?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What phone have you got. Can you control the aperture and length of shot shot. If your camera option does not do that then try downloading adobe lightroom for mobile. You need to take the picture over a time of > 1/30 of a sec to get the light which means you will need to use some sort of tripod. You might not get as good as results as a proper camera but the process is exactly the same so is a good starting point.

I have an old sony. Unfortunately it struggles to even do the basics of a phone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here