Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Another view of the Garden of England - late evening mist across the fields near Biddenden, Kent.

view yurt reduced.jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
View attachment 129960Caught these fighting male Kingfishers at Bradford on Avon on Wednesday.

that image is astounding... get it out on the forums because i would if it were mine... maybe even see if you can sell it. I assume you have cropped that a lot.

I have been to Bradford on Avon a few times its lovely there, strangely it is near there where i photographed a kingfisher for the first and only time.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Birling Gap today my phone - been some amazing evening skies of late......

View attachment 131070

That's nothing, this was taken last winter in Michigan...

I obviously have hidden the identities of Mrs Freakout and little Miss Freakout

Attachments

• 84024507_773777919777742_6961121352262615040_o.jpg
    84024507_773777919777742_6961121352262615040_o.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 143

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Portrait of a Kayan 'Longneck' tribal woman taken earlier this year on my travels in Loikaw, Myanmar with my favourite Sigma 85mm f1.4 portrait lens, think this was shot at f1.7

myanmar.jpg

helipilot

Jan 20, 2010
that image is astounding... get it out on the forums because i would if it were mine... maybe even see if you can sell it. I assume you have cropped that a lot.

I have been to Bradford on Avon a few times its lovely there, strangely it is near there where i photographed a kingfisher for the first and only time.
Many thanks for the kind words, actually not much of a crop at all, just a crop from landscape to portrait. I'm in the process of moving my life to China bizarrely but may do something on my return, only really started wildlife photography because of lockdown. Used to mainly do underwater photography. My website is markchiversphotography.com if you want to see some of that. What forums would you recommend?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Hi Mark,

I looked at the website, I think you are too far up the food chain already for some of the forums I am on and I guess that's how you got that 1 in a million image.

This is the main forum that I keep an eye on https://www.facebook.com/groups/brightonphotographersgroup/, but its a very mixed range of skills though the 'professionals' now tend to dominate it. I stopped subscribing images when i realised they were not interested in wildlife. I am very much an amateur , keen on wildlife so want to photograph it happy to other stuff, quite keen on doing abstracts of flowers to look at the 'architecture'.

Enjoy China.

All the best

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here