Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Moreover, through the dancing poppies stole
A breeze, most softly lulling to my soul.
IMGP1481.1 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
If you don't mind being signed up for life, you can get Lightroom & Photoshop for £80 at the moment - £40 off.
Amazon product

If you already have the Creative Cloud CC - you can still buy this and then enter the redemption code and it adds a year onto your current subscription (eg: I renewed last month, and then bought the above - and it's shifted my next renewal date to April 2026).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Good work.

My current photo-group (four folk in a pub) theme is 'Leading Lines'. Whilst the typical image for this would be winding roads and so on, I took a few like yours to show how the lines on the petals lead the bees into the nectar.

View attachment 183633
I like the shift from man to nature in your theme. Reminds me that man cannot create anything truly original.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Is it unreasonable to be annoyed by this guy?

We have steam trains along our line about 5-6 times in the summer. They are often on mizzly days, or if it's sunny - because of the way they run, the sun is generally behind them. Last night I knew the train would be coming along at a time when the sun would be low, and to one side - so chose carefully where to go. The idea was to get the railway, train, smoke, signal box on one side and the winding promenade and railings to the other.

Behind me were about five others on the bridge across the railway, so I made sure I was in a place where I would be obscured from them by bushes so I wouldn't be in their photos.

We all waited patiently for about 20 minutes as it was late.

As the train started to come round the corner, some guy who was just walking past (ie: not there specifically) and having a phone call hopped up onto the top of a bench so he could show the train to whoever it was he was on the phone to.

Result - he is centre stage in all our photos, and completely obscures the prom and railings I was capturing.

1717947415367.png

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

We have steam trains along our line about 5-6 times in the summer. They are often on mizzly days, or if it's sunny - because of the way they run, the sun is generally behind them. Last night I knew the train would be coming along at a time when the sun would be low, and to one side - so chose carefully where to go. The idea was to get the railway, train, smoke, signal box on one side and the winding promenade and railings to the other.

Behind me were about five others on the bridge across the railway, so I made sure I was in a place where I would be obscured from them by bushes so I wouldn't be in their photos.

As the train started to come round the corner, some guy who was just walking past (ie: not there specifically) and having a phone call hopped up onto the top of a bench so he could show the train to whoever it was he was on the phone to.

Result - he is centre stage in all our photos, and completely obscures the prom and railings I was capturing.

View attachment 183725
It's annoying to be sure, but most likely his decision to watch was as you say spur of the moment and so it was an act that was committed unwittingly. C'est la vie.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

View attachment 183725
Probably a Palace supporter

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Invasion of the giant electric asparagus :ohmy:

1717962687342.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Looks like uve been munching on quite a bit Harry
314 cut already this year.

If they have mild intoxicating qualities, I'm not complaining. Others, of course, might.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here