Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They certainly seem to think so!

Admiral Mordaunt likes to call them food pantries, don't you know. She said she was proud to have another 'food pantry' open up in her constituency.

I responded, you are proud that there are starving people in your constituency who need help to eat every week?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Talking of lies. Somehow SKS saying he wants a work life balance, especially so his Jewish wife can celebrate the Sabbath meal on a Friday, has transformed into a 4 day week according to liar Maria Caulfield.
Lewes, Seaford, Offham, Newhaven you know what to do on Thursday.

Ah well, the Tories have spend decades extolling the supposed virtues of 'Labour market flexibility'

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Like the massive increase in food banks, the measured increase in raw sewage outflow is definitely something for the Tories to be proud of.
A dual consequence of water privatisation, and Brexit (freed from those pesky EU clean water regulations and Directives). Who needs 'Blue Flag' beaches!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Have the Tories really reach a point where they think that stating outrageous lies will benefit them because for every person who hears the interviewer's rebuttal calling it out, there will be another voter who only hears the lie and believes it?
Sadly, when the Tories and Farage/Reform UK are called-out on their lies, they then cite this as evidence of the 'liberal elite' or 'Left-wing media' trying to 'cancel' them, or of 'BBC/Channel 4 bias' - and many of their supporters then double-down on their support.

I have to keep reminding myself that a worrying number of people do not base their views on facts, truth, or evidence, but simply on what they want to believe based on emotions, feelings and prejudices masquerading as 'common sense'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The point is you don't have to read the tabloids to be affected by their output.
Exactly.

They’re read by a few nutcases. Unfortunately, those nutcases go on to post what they’ve read on social media or tell people at work what they’ve read uncritically. The next thing you know you’re reading on Facebook that Kier Starmer is going to tax condoms (this actually happened- the bloke confused non doms) or kill babies or make everyone wear a hijab, even the men.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sadly, when the Tories and Farage/Reform UK are called-out on their lies, they then cite this as evidence of the 'liberal elite' or 'Left-wing media' trying to 'cancel' them, or of 'BBC/Channel 4 bias' - and many of their supporters then double-down on their support.

I have to keep reminding myself that a worrying number of people do not base their views on facts, truth, or evidence, but simply on what they want to believe based on emotions, feelings and prejudices masquerading as 'common sense'.
Indeed. But there is nothing that can be done about such people. Look at 'certain types' on NSC. No Tory gaslighting, no Tory tomfoolery, no Tory incompetence, no Tory lie is big enough to deflect him from their relentless pursuit of Another Five Years. Give such people a few chances to engage, a few chances to engage their brain, and maybe a few more chances after that, and then if it is no-go, put them on ignore. I wouldn't read the Daily Mail expecting to find reflection, balance and analysis and I'm not bothered about people who cannot change. f*** 'em.

Starmer will continue to be patient, polite and gracious, not snarling and vile like Sunak has been. That is the best we can hope to offer the intractable right wing obsessive, a polite Labour PM. Eventually the zealots (this includes left wing ones as well as right wingers) will die off, hopefully without indoctrinating their kids. This is how societal attitudes change - slowly over decades.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

Sadly it happens on both the left and right, and they get quite shouty about it, and some of it ends up as policy :(

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Exactly.

They’re read by a few nutcases. Unfortunately, those nutcases go on to post what they’ve read on social media or tell people at work what they’ve read uncritically. The next thing you know you’re reading on Facebook that Kier Starmer is going to tax condoms (this actually happened- the bloke confused non doms) or kill babies or make everyone wear a hijab, even the men.

Well labour haven't specifically said they're not going to kill babies or make everyone wear a hijab in their manifesto, so they're obviously going to introduce it as soon as they gain power :dunce:

That's how it works, isn't it :lolol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I'm not standing in this election - so I can't see how I am going to be a MASSIVE loser? And I haven't claimed 'Labour won't be the winner with a stonking supermajority'... what an odd reply. You might be right about the pointless bit though!
You stated ‘the only winner’. This is an exclusive reference. By definition, that means there is only one winner (Farage/Reform). We are potentially on the eve of one of the biggest election wins in history yet apparently, Labour are almost as unelectable and inept as the Tories according to some. What a load of waffle.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
You stated ‘the only winner’. This is an exclusive reference. By definition, that means there is only one winner (Farage/Reform). We are potentially on the eve of one of the biggest election wins in history yet apparently, Labour are almost as unelectable and inept as the Tories according to some. What a load of waffle.
The 'only winner' was quite clearly a reference to the lacklustre campaign.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Rees-Mogg has finally lost the plot, although I'm not entirely sure he ever had it.

Biden does have a reputation of leaning heavily into his Irish heritage and as such being more prickly with the Brits.

But Trump is an unreliable vindictive child-man with a dangerous cult of personality.

At least Biden is a grown up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here