Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2024 - 4th July

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Looking really good for Labour we should be able to vote everything through with this huge majority, I just hope we don't over spend with all the excitement.
Could Reform really get 89 seats ? I was told they have had a massive turnout in the midlands. Can people really be buying in to jungle Nigel? If all goes their way they could end up the second biggest party... How are they doing this?
I think they got about half the attendance of a Walsall home game

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Looking really good for Labour we should be able to vote everything through with this huge majority, I just hope we don't over spend with all the excitement.
Could Reform really get 89 seats ? I was told they have had a massive turnout in the midlands. Can people really be buying in to jungle Nigel? If all goes their way they could end up the second biggest party... How are they doing this?
They’re not 👍

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
My gut feeling is telling me this will be closer than the polls suggest.

I still fully expect a LAB win and a healthy majority, but not the apocalyptic CON result that seems to be generally being forecast.

I wouldn't be disappointed to be wrong about that last part, however.
Same I'm expecting Tories to get >100 seats, wouldn't be surprised if >150...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
How accurate are the exit polls? Me and an 'all-nighter' do not go together anymore! :blush: I went to bed after the polls closed in 2019 without looking, but thinking it was a 'done deal'. When I turned on my pc the next morning I just said FFS. 🤦‍♀️ I turn into a Gremlin after midnight so can't stay up later than that, but I didn't like the disappointment of 2019, I need to find a likely scenario before I go to bed on Thur night this time. :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Turns out, not ALL of the polls have a Labour landslide…

IMG_5198.jpeg

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Some Conservative candidates now worried they might unfortunately win their seat :ROFLMAO:

I have previously voted green, when I lived in Bristol, not because they were fundamentally the party whose positions most aligned with my views. But because I believed that environmental issues in particular were underrepresented in the debate and the Greens were most likely to voice them.

Bristol West as it was then, was the second most likely Green seat after Brighton Pavilion, so an opportune tactical vote on key issues for a party that I wouldn't necessarily want ruling outright. I think that's perfectly reasonable logic, depending entirely on the tactical options available in your constituency.

Sounds very like what you're considering now, if that's any help.

In the end the Greens finished a fairly distant second to Labour. I suspect the same will happen again this election even though several pollsters are predicting Greens to win Bristol Central.
Spot on, what I've done in the past too.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I won't be voting this time. I'm not at home at the moment and seeing as I didn't know where I would be didn't get round to registering for a postal vote.

It's complicated, so I'm going to waste my time defending that. If you knew you would understand.

That said I'm in one of those inner London where hell would freeze over if the didn't return a Labour candidate. I'm also living somewhere which will have the same result.

Thursday will be interesting, Friday even more. We could have bombshell results that will throw the two party system as we know it into the air.

I was just saying to a friend this week. Potentially we may have a set of results (and subsequent voting laws passed and the effect on their finances) that means the party who have been in power for most of my lifetime which would struggle to return to power in my lifetime.

Anything could happen to change that of course, but that may be a huge financial crash, another pandemic or something else.

The something else (we decided) was an asteroid hitting the earth.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Vote.gif

In recent UK General Elections, one-third of registered voters did not cast their votes.

If these non-voters were a political party, they would have secured the most votes in the last election.

This Thursday, make your voice heard. Use your vote. 🗳️

If you don't show up at the polling station and mark your ballot, your opinion remains unknown.

At the last election, only 0.3% of those who went to a polling station spoiled their ballot papers. Whether this was intentional or accidental is unclear. What is clear is that no party achieved a clear majority of votes.

The British Election Study reveals that there's an 80% chance a 70-year-old voted in the last election, compared to just a 45% chance for a 20-year-old.

Voter turnout among ethnic minorities is five percentage points lower than the average, likely due to lower registration rates.

Homeownership influences registration, and in every region of England except the North East, white British households are more likely to own homes than all ethnic minority households combined.

According to the Electoral Commission, the 2010 general election saw a 23 percentage point gap between the turnout of the richest and poorest income groups. Those with more money are more likely to determine the election outcome.

If we all don’t vote, we lose our voice. We forfeit our right to complain, to express our opinions, and to influence our political leaders.

Don’t let others decide the election for you. Whatever your views, turn up and cast your vote. 📢 🇬🇧

Here in Kings Norton (Northfield constituency) I wouldn't be surprised if Reform win although prediction poll puts Labour at 99%.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Here in Kings Norton (Northfield constituency) I wouldn't be surprised if Reform win although prediction poll puts Labour at 99%.
They’re 33/1 (Reform) so if you honestly think that, get on fast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here