Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2024 - 4th July

At Seaford Head school the election officers there said they’d never seen anything like it in all their years doing elections, highest turnout by a long way they’d seen and had been a 20 minute queue all day since opening. I went at 6:30ish and queued 30 minutes. Lib Dems look like they’ve taken Lewes IMHO. Higher turnout = more people voting against the Tories.
Or.........higher turnout meaning more tories?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
At the risk of being predp

At Seaford Head school the election officers there said they’d never seen anything like it in all their years doing elections, highest turnout by a long way they’d seen and had been a 20 minute queue all day since opening. I went at 6:30ish and queued 30 minutes. Lib Dems look like they’ve taken Lewes IMHO. Higher turnout = more people voting against the Tories.

I bloody hope so!

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
The lady with the "I can help" badge on at my polling station mentioned to someone who asked that "it had been far busier than normal".

In other "far busier than normal" news, the lesser of the two Indian restaurants in Findon was very, very busy. Can only assume people getting a last madras in before Starvers Curry Tax comes into play tomorrow.

Corrected for you.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Or.........higher turnout meaning more tories?
Traditionally not, but it’s possible. The seat is on a knife edge and even today I got knocked up by the Lib Dem’s to remind me to vote.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The tighest vote surely?

Labour's David Pinto-Duschinsky has taken the Hendon seat from the Conservatives by 15 votes following a recount.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Good, hopefully we’ll get all the pot holes sorted.
That’s West Sussex highways (WSH) responsibility all the MP can do is lobby WSH to get it done, raise the issue in the press or lobby the chancellor to fund more repairs

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Praise the lord!

The most dysfunctional government in my lifetime has been flushed away.

It was downhill from the moment Cameron misjudged a decision to allow a Brexit vote. Having run away afterwards, we saw Rees-Mogg and his ERG wreck May's leadership opening the door for the buffoon Johnson. He was always going to hang himself. Truss was a basket case and by the time Sunk took over, the party was unsavable. Then the helmet called an election before the frog-faced kunnt left for America, enabling him to split the support base.

I'm still not happy though. The candidate getting my vote came second again. I will go to my grave never seeing England win a trophy or voting in an MP. Bollocks to the lot of 'em.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here