Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2024 - 4th July

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Isn't the media black out a bit pointless now?

Can log on here, tictok, Facebook etc etc and discuss and see all sorts of party related news

Other countries eg France restrict far more.

I suppose echo chambers of like minded people on social media, can’t influence undecided voters on the day. Whereas the BBC, ITV and Sky having very slanted articles on the day itself could?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
But I've just discovered that the exit poll result is known at 2pm :shrug:
Don't think that's quite correct. Seems they will have significant data by then, and it's pretty much known, but the final result not till much later as still updated with more and more data.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Don't think that's quite correct. Seems they will have significant data by then, and it's pretty much known, but the final result not till much later as still updated with more and more data.
The main issue with the exit polls this time is that they are usually in marginals - whereas this time it is the 'less marginal' seats that are going to set the tone as to whether the Tories have been wiped out or not.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The bookies still heavily favour Labour

1000005255.png

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's now being reported that turn out is higher than expected with large queues at many polling stations!
The lady with the "I can help" badge on at my polling station mentioned to someone who asked that "it had been far busier than normal".

In other "far busier than normal" news, the lesser of the two Indian restaurants in Findon was very, very busy. Can only assume people getting a last madras in before Starner's Curry Tax comes into play tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: SWC

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It's now being reported that turn out is higher than expected with large queues at many polling stations!
At Seaford Head school the election officers there said they’d never seen anything like it in all their years doing elections, highest turnout by a long way they’d seen and had been a 20 minute queue all day since opening. I went at 6:30ish and queued 30 minutes. Lib Dems look like they’ve taken Lewes IMHO. Higher turnout = more people voting against the Tories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here