Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2024 - 4th July

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Three MRP polls have dropped... Says something doesn't it if the Tories got 155 seats the general reaction would be 'oh it could have been worse'. But jeez that Telegraph poll....... :eek:

Sunak to lose seat in Tory wipeout, major poll predicts

Exclusive survey for The Telegraph also shows party on track to slump to 53 seats with around three-quarters of the Cabinet voted out

TELEMMGLPICT000382437723_17188109604960_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq-IWLY18X4-CzgyIcjLEAj0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpeg

Rishi Sunak is predicted to become the first sitting prime minister ever to lose their seat at a general election.

The Conservatives are also on track to slump to just 53 seats, with around three-quarters of the Cabinet voted out, a major opinion poll for The Telegraph has revealed.

The Liberal Democrats are on course to be just behind the Tories on 50 MPs, according to the Savanta and Electoral Calculus polling analysis, leaving them in touching distance of becoming the official opposition.

Labour is forecast to have 516 seats and an estimated House of Commons majority of 382 - double that won by Sir Tony Blair in 1997 - as Sir Keir Starmer becomes prime minister.

Meanwhile Reform, despite a surge in the polls, is predicted to get zero seats. For Nigel Farage, the recently returned Reform leader, it would mean an eighth defeat as a parliamentary candidate in a row.

The SNP, according to the poll, are predicted to slump to just eight MPs, down from 48 in 2019, with Labour once again the dominant party of Scotland as they were under Sir Tony.

The polling suggests Tory warnings of a Labour “super-majority” are accurate. It also lays bare the scale of voter disillusionment with the Tories and suggests an uncertain road for the party in the years ahead.

Horsham yellow not blue would be a return to the 19th century. Not exactly what Rees-Mogg would have had in mind.

Last edited:

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Now another election betting scandal (alleged). That age old thing of personal greed.

Incrementally, these incidents are shaving off even more former Tory seats.
Where do they get these people from?

They're supposed to display the highest standards of public service for Christ sakes. Or at least for the duration of the election.

Not content with giving herself a Tory handicap, now she's even more unlikely to get elected. She's thrown away millions.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Where do they get these people from?

They're supposed to display the highest standards of public service for Christ sakes. Or at least for the duration of the election.

Not content with giving herself a Tory handicap, now she's even more unlikely to get elected. She's thrown away millions.

Rotten apples in every organisation/party. Possibly 14 years of power, adding to individual contempt and arrogance?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Rotten apples in every organisation/party. Possibly 14 years of power, adding to individual contempt and arrogance?
She can count herself lucky she's not married to the Director of Campaigns. Imagine how bad that would have looked.

How to snuff out your wife's fledgling political career with one harmless little bet.

(Let's hope it was a f***ing big bet, and the bookies sue them for fraud). Take their house off them.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Does anyone have the expected times of declaration per constituency (or failing that, the actual times for 2019).

It's just that I am thinking of a ten course tasting menu for the election night special and it would be nice to try and co-ordinate the courses/wines/results :wink:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Does anyone have the expected times of declaration per constituency (or failing that, the actual times for 2019).

It's just that I am thinking of a ten course tasting menu for the election night special and it would be nice to try and co-ordinate the courses/wines/results :wink:
If you have access to a laminator, these would make lovely placemats.
meltdown.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
dont know if psyops, saw Alister Campbell doesn't believe the MRP polls, doesnt expect so large a majority for Labour.

i looked up, Ipsos poll is based on 20k people selected from an online panel.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I’m working out my stay awake strategy, midnight to breakfast time is almost impossible. Never a daytime napper, I might try a Thurs afternoon nap to take edge off later on.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Just as well you have something other than NSC lined-up for election night; a software glitch in the Moderating panel means that your temporary loss of posting rights following this recent contribution (post #954, below) doesn't take effect until 21.59hrs on July 4th.

(As a gesture of goodwill for any inconvenience, I have managed to manually adjust the Infractions Tariff, so the ban will only be for only 3 days and not the automatic 10).

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Just as well you have something other than NSC lined-up for election night; a software glitch in the Moderating panel means that your temporary loss of posting rights following this recent contribution (post #954, below) doesn't take effect until 21.59hrs on July 4th.

(As a gesture of goodwill for any inconvenience, I have managed to manually adjust the Infractions Tariff, so the ban will only be for only 3 days and not the automatic 10).

Thank you for your service 🫡

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Fair enough, one of my more popular posts though :wink:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I’m working out my stay awake strategy, midnight to breakfast time is almost impossible. Never a daytime napper, I might try a Thurs afternoon nap to take edge off later on.
I'm considering this now. I generally fall asleep at or soon after 10. I'd already committed to stay up for the exit poll announcement at 10, but then thought I'd go to bed for 4-5 hours when there's very little action. But so much to pack in during that 10 or so hour period after the polls close.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If you have access to a laminator, these would make lovely placemats.
View attachment 184376
I've nearly bought one of those, but have refrained and can look at it online on the night anyway. It's utterly delightful but, for me, would be eclipsed through the appearance of one Chris Philp, who has become my latest figure of hate -- probably in no small part because they think him spitting out his hatred somehow works on the public and has become their go-to guy

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Why is there no number 3, 7 or 9?

You have no idea how much that wallchart has affected me. I'm in bits.
I found it on etsy - was looking for a higher quality version - and as they are selling it, I suspect they are holding back those lines for people who buy it. I thought it might have been created for free, as a lot of those sort of things are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here