Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] General Election 2024 - 4th July

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The move was welcomed by the Labour leader who said: “I am delighted to have the support of the Sun. It shows just how much this is a changed party, back in the service of working people, and that is the change on offer tomorrow in this election.”

Speculation about who the Rupert Murdoch-owned newspaper would support has been rife since Rishi Sunak called the general election on 22 May, with a Sun editorial that day calling the decision to call an early poll an “almighty punt

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm surprised that Sky and the BBC haven't reported that Sunk is crapping himself as it is touch and go whether he loses his seat tomorrow , it could come down to how many votes Count Binface gets to split the tactical voting.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I'm surprised that Sky and the BBC haven't reported that Sunk is crapping himself as it is touch and go whether he loses his seat tomorrow , it could come down to how many votes Count Binface gets to split the tactical voting.
Hopefully he won't get any then, Sunak losing his seat would be the biggest political embarrassment in history.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just had the Tory leaflet for Kemptown through the door. It's utterly desperate. It might as well have said that Keir Starmer is going to send kids up chimneys.

It also only mentions Conservatives where needed and says little of their 'record'

It leaves me thinking how they just seem to have given up and how much they want to distant themselves from this government. I've never known anything like this in a previous election.
I got that.

Quite clever because I dismissed it originally as being a pamphlet from an ‘Independent’ candidate as that was the headline word that caught my eye.

When I released what it actually was, it was quickly shredded, lubed and stuffed up my Tory hole and then shitted back out into my toilet. Metaphorically of course!

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Keir Starmer has said he can see “no circumstances” in which the UK will rejoin the EU’s single market, customs union or freedom of movement within his lifetime.

Source: The Times

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I got that.

Quite clever because I dismissed it originally as being a pamphlet from an ‘Independent’ candidate as that was the headline word that caught my eye.

When I released what it actually was, it was quickly shredded, lubed and stuffed up my Tory hole and then shitted back out into my toilet. Metaphorically of course!
Wouldn't it be better used to clear up the residue ? Here's my UKIP one from 2019

1720025122130.jpeg

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Keir Starmer has insisted the UK will not rejoin either the EU, the single market or the customs union within his lifetime, in his firmest pledge yet that Labour will not seek much closer relations with Europe for as long as he is prime minister.

The Labour leader told reporters on Wednesday he did not think Britain would go back into any of the three blocs while he was alive, all but ruling out rejoining even if he wins a second term in office.
Within his lifetime? What a ridiculous thing to say. It's good to know that he is keeping all options open in his quest to make the UK better. :rolleyes:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Do we think Sunak and the bigger hitters in the moribund Tory government will stick around to pour doom and gloom onto the new Labour government or will they bolt when it’s obvious they are toast.

In short, what do you think their reaction will be? Bitter to the last? Gracious in defeat? Absent?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Do we think Sunak and the bigger hitters in the moribund Tory government will stick around to pour doom and gloom onto the new Labour government or will they bolt when it’s obvious they are toast.

In short, what do you think their reaction will be? Bitter to the last? Gracious in defeat? Absent?
I'm expecting quite a lot of petulance

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011

The key seats as they stand and who to vote for if you want the Tory party diminished.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
BBC interviews on the radio a bit frustrating today in trying to get politicians to reflect on the campaign when they are clearly still in campaign mode.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oerfect
Keir Starmer has said he can see “no circumstances” in which the UK will rejoin the EU’s single market, customs union or freedom of movement within his lifetime.

Source: The Times

Keir Starmer has insisted the UK will not rejoin either the EU, the single market or the customs union within his lifetime, in his firmest pledge yet that Labour will not seek much closer relations with Europe for as long as he is prime minister.

The Labour leader told reporters on Wednesday he did not think Britain would go back into any of the three blocs while he was alive, all but ruling out rejoining even if he wins a second term in office.
Not his decision to make .

Think they'll come out with something like "the British public have been hoodwinked by labour's lies and if only they had trusted us for the future as we've learnt from our mistakes".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here