Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2010 All-Nighter Edition

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
BBC website giving us an insight from some real political heavyweights tonight. Here's what Richard Madeley thinks about the election so far :rolleyes:

"We were told by the polling officer at our station in North London that it was the busiest polling day he could remember - and he's been doing it for 25 years. He said it was absolutely rammed in the first two hours. I think early results based on exit polls are probably wrong. I think the volume vote is going to tell us something quite different. I think this election has been defined by the X Factor quotient: these debates... meant that the leaders burst out of the corral of protected politics and were seen just fleetingly as the men that they are. I think that changed things dramatically."

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Just a thought, if the tory's were still short even with the UUP, DUP etc...and they needed say 2 more seats for an outright majority.., would you be unhappy if they joined with UKIP / or even the BNP?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's heading for a 651 - 0 drubbing right now. Unless we have a Motherwell-ish sort of comeback.

The key issue is the run rate I reckon.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Do Labour have a policy of fielding ugly female candidates in this particular election?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Sunderland Central, Labour (with soccer am esqe easy, easy chants)

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Are people ACTUALLY chanting "Easy easy easy" and "Who are ya?"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So there we have it. Varying swings all over Sunderland. Means f*** all really,

Lets wait for the marginals...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
maybe duckworth/lewis if people are being shut out!

Nah - each of the candidates have to take penalties, with the returning officer in goal.

Or they could play 'Wembley'.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do Labour have a policy of fielding ugly female candidates in this particular election?

Like you'd even notice if the male candididates were ugly.

I had no idea they were there for your satisfaction, for some reason I thought they were politicians.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
BBC website giving us an insight from some real political heavyweights tonight. Here's what Richard Madeley thinks about the election so far :rolleyes:

"We were told by the polling officer at our station in North London that it was the busiest polling day he could remember - and he's been doing it for 25 years. He said it was absolutely rammed in the first two hours. I think early results based on exit polls are probably wrong. I think the volume vote is going to tell us something quite different. I think this election has been defined by the X Factor quotient: these debates... meant that the leaders burst out of the corral of protected politics and were seen just fleetingly as the men that they are. I think that changed things dramatically."

Random Surrey Jim's useless knowledge of the day - I used to be Richard and Judy's gardener for 2-3 years at their weekend property in Talland Bay, Cornwall. She is a manic depressive and he is a massive drinker - nothing too much of a surprise

Anyways back on topic now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here