Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay Pride

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Can we have an Off Topic forum/Thread Please. I'm so sick of all these threads that have nothing to do with Albion.

I came on here yesterday hoping to discuss the Club, but to find 80% of the threads not even talking about football..

I've visited many other clubs forums over the months, and they all seem to keep the off topic crap away from there beloved Club talk/news.

It's bugging me that I come on here to talk about My beloved Albion, Only to find some twt moaning about Parking fees. Or what the council are doing about roadworks where they live. Or some other crap unrelated.

Sorry. But has this forum Always been this way ?. Are Brighton FC so frigging boring that will feel the need to talk about what were having for dinner tonight !!

OK rant over.. LOL

When you stood on the North Stand at The Goldstone Ground with your mates, was football the ONLY thing you chatted about? Or did you feel the need to go the toilets to chat about something else?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just back from Reykjavik. A couple of weeks ago it was their Gay Pride weekend. It is the biggest festival in the country where 2/3 of the population turn out for the festival. The country loves it - brings in loads of money, tourists, all having fun & spending.

Bring it on I say!

I'm going to Reykjavik next week, can't wait. All travel tips & recommendations gratefully received.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
For me all the time we have this festival we will face homophobic abuse home or away forever.

We shouldn't lower ourselves to the lowest common denomenator just to avoid the chants of some knuckle draggers. The problem is their ignorance, not our enlightened attitude.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
When you stood on the North Stand at The Goldstone Ground with your mates, was football the ONLY thing you chatted about? Or did you feel the need to go the toilets to chat about something else?

When I go to the toilets in Essex, where I now reside, I usually mention that I am from Brighton to the gent at the next urinal.

Not ONCE has any of them started talking about the Albion when I whisper to them.

One large tattooed chap in a west ham top even hit me in the face!

Tsk.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I'm going to Reykjavik next week, can't wait. All travel tips & recommendations gratefully received.

Don't bother. It's all fishermen and bankrupt stockbrokers crying into their whale meat stew.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
There's a time and a place for everything, The off topic threads are on the front page of our Club's forum, really !!..

I never stood in the North Stand, i always Sat in the West, Ear wigging what the directors were discussing, And it wasn't gay pride or Parking tickets.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There's a time and a place for everything, The off topic threads are on the front page for out Club's forum, really !!..

I never stood in the North Stand, i always Sat in the West, Ear wigging what the directors were discussing, And it wasn't gay pride or Parking tickets.

If you think I'm going to trawl this site intended for Albion fans just to find some news about the Albion instead of discussing topics like dropping the kids off in trap one, or 'I'm the only one who knows what London is really like...', you've got another thing coming.

So, Bryony McKenzie - would you...?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
There's a time and a place for everything, The off topic threads are on the front page of our Club's forum, really !!..

If it was whe Archer and Bellotti were around I expect they were discussing all sorts of things other than football.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Can we have an Off Topic forum/Thread Please. I'm so sick of all these threads that have nothing to do with Albion.

I came on here yesterday hoping to discuss the Club, but to find 80% of the threads not even talking about football..

I've visited many other clubs forums over the months, and they all seem to keep the off topic crap away from there beloved Club talk/news.

It's bugging me that I come on here to talk about My beloved Albion, Only to find some twt moaning about Parking fees. Or what the council are doing about roadworks where they live. Or some other crap unrelated.

Sorry. But has this forum Always been this way ?. Are Brighton FC so frigging boring that will feel the need to talk about what were having for dinner tonight !!

OK rant over.. LOL
This isn't off topic though.

MACROBLUE thinks we should get rid of 'Gay Pride' because the homophobic chants at our games make him feel funny.

Just because it is stupid doesn't mean it's not BHAFC related.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
When I go to the toilets in Essex, where I now reside, I usually mention that I am from Brighton to the gent at the next urinal.

Not ONCE has any of them started talking about the Albion when I whisper to them.

One large tattooed chap in a west ham top even hit me in the face!

Tsk.

Perhaps you're using the wrong Cottage, err, I mean , toilets..........

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting

Bore off - its a board for Brighton fans to discuss all things Albion and anything else - am I wrong?

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton

OK rant over.. LOL

So what else is there to discuss regarding the club which hasn't already been discussed or posted before? If this was the case, it wouldn't be a very active forum.

There is only so much "Which striker to sign?" or "Should Barnes go?" threads I can take, and there is already too many of them.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
What has happened to the naming of this event?

It used to be Gay Pride, then more recently just Pride, and according to an AA sign on a telegraph pole I saw today LGBT Pride ???

Is there an element of gender confusion going on in the organisational dynamic?

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Great stuff lads and lasses and yes you are right it is Pride. It certainly makes for an interesting read, I thought it might.

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It's not though is it!

It's for the gays and they are nuisance, but it's one day a year so I'm sure most people can put up with it.

Errr is it? Well you had better tell me, my mates, every straight person on this board that goes and all the thousands of other heterosexuals that attend each year. Is Notting hill carnival only for blacks too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here