Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay Pride

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Errr is it? Well you had better tell me, my mates, everyone straight person on this board that goes and all the thousands of other heterosexuals that attend each year. Is Notting hill carnival only for blacks too?

No it's not, but it's a celebration on black culture in this country, like Gay Pride is a celebration on gay culture in this country. I've not said that a gender/race/colour/creed can't enjoy it as well.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
No it's not, but it's a celebration on black culture in this country, like Gay Pride is a celebration on gay culture in this country. I've not said that a gender/race/colour/creed can't enjoy it as well.

It is a celebration of the acceptance of sexuality and as you say, all can enjoy it. Not sure how you can defend the 'It's for the gays and they are nuisance' comment though :lol:

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
Can we have an Off Topic forum/Thread Please. I'm so sick of all these threads that have nothing to do with Albion.

I came on here yesterday hoping to discuss the Club, but to find 80% of the threads not even talking about football..

I've visited many other clubs forums over the months, and they all seem to keep the off topic crap away from there beloved Club talk/news.

It's bugging me that I come on here to talk about My beloved Albion, Only to find some twt moaning about Parking fees. Or what the council are doing about roadworks where they live. Or some other crap unrelated.

Sorry. But has this forum Always been this way ?. Are Brighton FC so frigging boring that will feel the need to talk about what were having for dinner tonight !!

OK rant over.. LOL
We allready have one its called "the other stuff" however no one posts in it coz no one reads it. If mods moved non footy stuff as soon as it was posted, it would keep the main board for albion related stuff. However that would mean the mods spending far to much time moving crap off the main board, and not being able to mod properly.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Anyone want to join my straight pride march?

Oh wait, that would make me a bigot.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
It is a celebration of the acceptance of sexuality and as you say, all can enjoy it. Not sure how you can defend the 'It's for the gays and they are nuisance' comment though :lol:

It's a nuisance for anyone wanting to go to Brighton on the day. I'm sure non football fans probably find when the likes of Palace come to town a nuisance. As I said it's one day a year so people put up with it.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Anyone want to join my straight pride march?

Oh wait, that would make me a bigot.

It would only make you a bigot if you are a bigot in the first place. It would, however, probably make you feel very lonely. :wink:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
It would only make you a bigot if you are a bigot in the first place. It would, however, make you feel very lonely. :wink:

Why would it make me lonely?

Do you think I could realistically try to hold a straight white male pride march? I think it would be frowned upon.

We should really stop grouping people, being gay or straight, black or white, male or females should make no difference to us at all.

People who perpetuate a group mentality with "pride" are just as guilty of perpetuating prejudice as anyone else.

Their obsession with sexual, racial or gender groups is inherently prejudice.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Do you think I could realistically try to hold a straight white male pride march? I think it would be frowned upon.

We should really stop grouping people, being gay or straight, black or white, male or females should make no difference to us at all.

People who perpetuate a group mentality with "pride" are just as guilty of perpetuating prejudice as anyone else.

Wrong.

What's being prejudiced against? It's a celebration of sexuality, though the original point was a march AGAINST prejudice.

If you want to start your march, no-one is stopping you - you'd just have to wonder WHY, as one of the vast majority, you'd want to go on march celebrating normality.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Wrong.

What's being prejudiced against? It's a celebration of sexuality, though the original point was a march AGAINST prejudice.

If you want to start your march, no-one is stopping you - you'd just have to wonder WHY, as one of the vast majority, you'd want to go on march celebrating normality.

So the gays are abnormal?

Prejudice is not just about having negative pre-conceived ideas about a group, it is about having any pre-conceived ideas, based on group.

The problem is not caused by saying a group is "bad", the problem is putting people into groups at all.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Hmm, maybe they should stop farming sheep in Wales to stop any bestiality chanting?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
For me all the time we have this festival we will face homophobic abuse home or away forever.
Brighton will always be associated with gays, it has a large gay population which has done a lot to make brighton what it is now, gay pride is no big deal as far as i'm concerned, what is annoying are brighton fans whining like 12 year old girls about homophobic chanting , man up and get the f*** over it or go and watch hockey or something, this is football, its chanting, thats all, if you want happy clappy, flask of bovril taking,football ,fine, but dont expect any sort of good atmosphere as well.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well whenever im introduced to people at work i say 'im from brighton' I then see their face and follow up with "im not gay tho" as i can see they are thinking it. I then slap them on the arse and give them a cheeky wink and say "or am I". Always gets a laugh.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Brighton will always be associated with gays, it has a large gay population which has done a lot to make brighton what it is now, gay pride is no big deal as far as i'm concerned, what is annoying are brighton fans whining like 12 year old girls about homophobic chanting , man up and get the f*** over it or go and watch hockey or something, this is football, its chanting, thats all, if you want happy clappy, flask of bovril taking,football ,fine, but dont expect any sort of good atmosphere as well.

Indeed. Even a couple of gays i know dont like it but accept it as "banter" does your boy friend, we can see you etc etc

However when its stuff like millwall fans saying"i hope you die of aids you gay *****" then that is homphobic.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

I agree about the chanting. When I was young I was told "sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never harm me".

What ever happened to that?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside

You'd be lonely due to you having very few people joining you on your quest, although I'm assuming you'd be doing it down here & not somewhere unenlightened about the myriad of human sexual preferences.

Whether you'd be able to hold such a march/event/whatever I don't know, but if you're that determined to do it I can't see why you shouldn't give it a go - if that's what you want to do. No doubt you'll let us all know how your efforts are progressing, although I doubt if I'll be joining in the fun & games since it doesn't seem like a whole bunch of fun tbh. Besides, I might well be washing my hair on the glorious day & I wouldn't want too much excitement in 24hrs at my time of life. The aging process can be such a bitch.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You'd be lonely due to you having very few people joining you on your quest, although I'm assuming you'd be doing it down here & not somewhere unenlightened about the myriad of human sexual preferences.

Whether you'd be able to hold such a march/event/whatever I don't know, but if you're that determined to do it I can't see why you shouldn't give it a go - if that's what you want to do. No doubt you'll let us all know how your efforts are progressing, although I doubt if I'll be joining in the fun & games since it doesn't seem like a whole bunch of fun tbh. Besides, I might well be washing my hair on the glorious day & I wouldn't want too much excitement in 24hrs at my time of life. The aging process can be such a bitch.

Do you not see the ever so slight disdain you are showing for my march. It's is subtle, but it is there isn't it.

My march suggestion was obviously not serious, it was to invite people to think.

Your post actually proves my point.

The fact is, prejudice, including homophobia, will endure, until we stop thinking of people in terms of "groups" that they "belong to", and start seeing people as individuals.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Don't mind pride at all, but when the dust settles and you're finding used condoms and syringes in preston park playground sand pits, then it tends to put a new perspective on things. Im pretty tolerant of this but seriously guys, you should see some of the shite we have to deal with after every one has gone home.

It's billed as a family event yet some of the stalls have vibrators, anal lubrication and god knows what....in full view of all...including kids.

Some of you should seriously open your mind to what really goes on behind the scenes at this event.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here