Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay Footballers...Appreciated or Unwelcome?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gazza has previously said a member of England's 1990 W/C squad is gay.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
steve hodge,trevor steven???
I don't know, it was one of those 'blimey did he just say that, best move on a bit sharpish', situations.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Well here's the thing, why do you think your child would ask in the first place ? Where did they get the idea that such a situation is in anyway odd ?
Not from me, but there are a lot of things which happen which are allowed by law but are not ' normal ' and we shouldnt be forced into thinking they are.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Gazza has previously said a member of England's 1990 W/C squad is gay.

Mind you, he also said that 2 toy parrots were "real"; & that he was going to play George Bush and Bill Clinton at chess in front of an audience in Madison Square Garden.

:whistle:

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Not from me, but there are a lot of things which happen which are allowed by law but are not ' normal ' and we shouldnt be forced into thinking they are.

What the Hell is 'normal' anyway?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

I would suggest 'Because they love each other' would suffice. I think you have to remember that what you consider normal is not normal to many others. I for example don't consider people who believe in any form or God or deity to be 'normal' but that's just my own prejudice. I don't consider people who want to ski flat out down a hill 'normal' either but that's because I'm part coward and not an adrenaline junkie, once again my own preference.

To a gay person heterosexual sex is every bit as abhorrent as gay sex is to heterosexual, so what constitutes normal ?

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Normal is behaviour of the vast majority, two men kissing in public, isnt.

Well it would seem pretty normal to them, if not various others. Anyway, who the f*** actually cares what the so-called majority think half the time? Judging by the amount of crap that people leave all over our beaches, it appears that it's normal to leave the seafront looking like an open tip after their day out...

Twinkle Toes

Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Only 10% of the population is left-handed, does that make us not 'normal' ?

Shut it you FREAK! :thumbsup:

Edit: Actaully, the left-handed analogy is a very poignant example of how people were discriminated against through ignorance. It wasn't so long ago that they were deemed as being wrong 'uns at school & forced to write with their right hand.

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Why don't we have a Happy to be Hetro day ? A Hetro Chuffed day ?

Nothing to stop you organising a 'Proud to be hetro day' Frankie baby.
Sort it out and I might march with you and even hold your hand.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I suspect Max Clifford is, sadly, correct in his judgement. For a high profile, current player to either come out -- or even just endorse - a gay-positive campaign would put him under enormous pressure.

On the other hand, someone like David Beckham -- seemingly unfazed at being some kind of gay icon -- is ideally placed to be the public face of such a campaign. Doesn't have to face English crowd abuse, too famous to be ignored, comfortable in his own skin. And sometimes, Posh's knickers.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Normal is behaviour of the vast majority, two men kissing in public, isnt.

Men kissing isn't normal? Have you seen how players act when they score a goal?

Gary-Neville-Paul-Scholes-20100417205544.jpg

kissing-footballers.jpg

gay-kissing-9.jpg

love.jpg

footballers_kiss.JPG

Normal isn't about vast majorities, it's about most common.

1 2 2 3 4 5 5 5 5 5 5 6 6 7 7 8

in that run of numbers, 5 is most common, it is the norm. It isn't the vast majority of numbers in the sequence.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
two questions come to mind. why should footballers came out, why should it matter? secondly, why is there an assumption there are any footballers waiting to come out? seems to me that it would be fairly obvious if a footballer was gay and not somthing they can really hide for 15-20 year career. it might seem unusual for a group to have no gay members, but the oppoiste is usually accepted, that some professions have a very high proportion of gay/lesbians.

Max Clifford has no shame and wouldnt think twice about releasing a story about any professional footballer if he had the story. the fact he has nothing suggests to me he has nothing and its therefore quite likly there isnt any gay footballers.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Men kissing isn't normal? Have you seen how players act when they score a goal?

Gary-Neville-Paul-Scholes-20100417205544.jpg

kissing-footballers.jpg

gay-kissing-9.jpg

love.jpg

footballers_kiss.JPG

in that run of numbers, 5 is most common, it is the norm. It isn't the vast majority of numbers in the sequence.
Whatever, i would suggest that the most common reaction to two men kissing in the street would be one of discomfort and not particularly wanting to see it, i certainly wouldnt want my kids to see it, do other heterosexual men on here not feel the tiniest bit of discomfort at seeing that sort of thing ? genuinely dont want to piss anyone off as there is a gay poster on heer who seems like a decent bloke.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Max Clifford has no shame and wouldnt think twice about releasing a story about any professional footballer if he had the story. the fact he has nothing suggests to me he has nothing and its therefore quite likly there isnt any gay footballers.

I watched one of those true story documentaries on More4 about fame and how the whole celebrity thing workks (it was very cynical). Part of it had undercover footage of Max Clifford bragging about secrets he had about celebrities that he has stopped going out. (Names and details were beeped/blanked out)

Sometimes it is Max's job to hide stories, he is employed by "celebrities" to control the media story, to put a spin on the publicity. Sometimes that is releasing information, someitmes it is stopping it being released.

Him not letting the world know about who the gay footballers shouldn't be taken as evidence he doesn't actually have any secrets.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003

thats a really good illustration... that sort of doesnt prove or disprove anything. Lets not think of sexuality as binary, gay/striaght. lets consdier it a spectrum from no interest in the opposite sex to gay pride carnival queen.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Sometimes it is Max's job to hide stories, he is employed by "celebrities" to control the media story, to put a spin on the publicity. Sometimes that is releasing information, someitmes it is stopping it being released.

Him not letting the world know about who the gay footballers shouldn't be taken as evidence he doesn't actually have any secrets.

maybe, but in a world of many Max Clifford like publicists, i find it difficult to believe they can all be paid off. and isnt that effectively blackmail, paying someone to not release information about you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here