Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gay Footballers...Appreciated or Unwelcome?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
What if there are two gay footballers on the same team and they fall in love? Then one of them scores a goal and without thinking they kiss on the pitch. This then leads to a passionate embrace and they then end up having sex on the pitch. I for one am not willing to risk kids seeing that, especially kids showing gay tendencies who have been forced to go to football by their Dad to 'straighten' then out and may then think they want to try this.

:lolol:

Nappy thrower

Banned
Dec 17, 2009
Floor above Bushy
I always get player names on my shirt. I would imaginet that I've probably had a gay player on there aswell... the odds are quite good. What difference does it make if a player is gay or not? It wouldn't change my opinion of them. If you feel differently, ok, but in all seriousness, why?
I just wouldn't feel comfortable walking about in towns/on holiday and going to away games.Why attract abuse?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I just wouldn't feel comfortable walking about in towns/on holiday and going to away games.Why attract abuse?

Personally I think names on the back of shirts look nobbish at the best of times. I think a lot would be hesitant if it was a woofter as well

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well that raises a whole new set of issues, I've supported gay issues on here before such as gay pride etc, but i dont particularly want to see physical displays of affection like kissing and handholding in public from gay men, i dont want my six year old asking me ' why are those two men kissing each other daddy ? '.

What about a female giving a male a reacharound, or a soapy titwank, or a Cleveland Steamer?

It's all a question of degree in my opinion. There are lines in the sand that we all have, and on this issue the lines are more inconsistent than they are in relation to, say, racist abuse of players.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
What about a female giving a male a reacharound, or a soapy titwank, or a Cleveland Steamer?

It's all a question of degree in my opinion. There are lines in the sand that we all have, and on this issue the lines are more inconsistent than they are in relation to, say, racist abuse of players.
What the f*** is a ' cleveland steamer ' you wrong'un ?? :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Actually the reason Fashanu committed suicide was because he was facing charges of sexual assault in the US. His brother had disowned him when he first came out which was years before.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
What if there are two gay footballers on the same team and they fall in love? Then one of them scores a goal and without thinking they kiss on the pitch. This then leads to a passionate embrace and they then end up having sex on the pitch. I for one am not willing to risk kids seeing that, especially kids showing gay tendencies who have been forced to go to football by their Dad to 'straighten' then out and may then think they want to try this.

Good point, well made. And what if a steward went to separate them - and joined in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here