Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gatting is a better Striker than Elder.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Are You Some Kind Of Imbecile? Elder Is The Best Prospect We've Had At This Club Since Peter Ward. It Makes Me Sick How He Was Hounded Out. Gatting Is A Good Striker But Elder Was A Touch Of Real Class That Does Not Come Around Every Day. Just Look How He Single Handedly Demolished A Handy Mansfield Side On Saturday.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Are You Some Kind Of Imbecile? Elder Is The Best Prospect We've Had At This Club Since Peter Ward. It Makes Me Sick How He Was Hounded Out. Gatting Is A Good Striker But Elder Was A Touch Of Real Class That Does Not Come Around Every Day. Just Look How He Single Handedly Demolished A Handy Mansfield Side On Saturday.

Don't you mean, how he single handedly demolished a handy Brentford side?:thumbsup:

The tall one

Banned
Jan 2, 2007
You were obviously not watching the same matches as i was. Was not one of his goals for Brentford not an own goal?. I rest my case.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"Gatting is a better striker than Elder" ?

Its kind of like saying a wet weekend in Grimsby is better than having a wisdom tooth out, isn't it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Elder didnt have time for anyone to conclusively say he is shit, but he certainly didn't look up to it.

Gatting has had lots of oppurtunities including what should of been a confidence boosting spell at woking and still looks "shit"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Joe Gatting's undoubted goal-scoring instinct, plus Nathan Elder's size and pace, added together would make a good player.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I reckon that Gatting is a better Striker than Elder.

Opinions please.

My opinion, which us what you asked for, is that you are wrong, I don't think Gatting is anywhere near as good a striker as Elder.

We were able to sell Elder, we haven't to my knowledge, had any offers to buy Gatting. That is because he has never proved he has what it takes to be a striker, and I guess Elder had, albeit for a level below our current level. IMO I think that if the club had an offer for Gatting, the proverbial hand would be bitten off at the shoulder.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Savage And Elder Upfront Would Have Stormed This Division As Well As The Championship. If The Management Had Any Clue They Could Have Saved The Wages Of The Over-rated Forster And The 300k On Murray. They Have Shot Themselves In The Foot. Idiots.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Savage And Elder Upfront Would Have Stormed This Division As Well As The Championship. If The Management Had Any Clue They Could Have Saved The Wages Of The Over-rated Forster And The 300k On Murray. They Have Shot Themselves In The Foot. Idiots.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...

I rEALLY hAVE Problems ReadING WHat you WRITe.

(and I don't care much for the fishing either)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here