Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gatting is a better Striker than Elder.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Savage And Elder Upfront Would Have Stormed This Division As Well As The Championship. If The Management Had Any Clue They Could Have Saved The Wages Of The Over-rated Forster And The 300k On Murray. They Have Shot Themselves In The Foot. Idiots.

Watch out Ernest! New guy on the block! :lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
These people should just thread directly into "Childish Ramblings" to save Bozza some time :lol:

Shame really, I thought the thread had some mileage in it, I enjoy reading a cross section of peoples opinion about such subjects. Sadly Arse Bar seems to just want to have everyone remember him. I wonder if he's tried NSP?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
when gatting had a few games at this level last season after christmas, he got a few goals and looked like he had something to offer. elder has just looked very disapointing at this level whenever he has started

the trouble with gatting is that he was chucked in too early - we were a desparate side, with a desparate manager, and i think being thrown into a championship relegation fight when he wasnt ready has done his career no favours at all. his confidence went, and the majority of people i think based their opinions on him on the long run he got in the team in the championship

at this level, he could be a decent player. although his loan spell at woking has done nothing to suggest he can. the only way we will find out is if he gets a run in the team

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Neither are good enough for Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club, so I don't really think this one is worth arguing about.

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
basically i think they are both not that good but joe gatting is absoloutly awfulll he has no movement or anything shocking player

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
when gatting had a few games at this level last season after christmas, he got a few goals and looked like he had something to offer. elder has just looked very disapointing at this level whenever he has started

the trouble with gatting is that he was chucked in too early - we were a desparate side, with a desparate manager, and i think being thrown into a championship relegation fight when he wasnt ready has done his career no favours at all. his confidence went, and the majority of people i think based their opinions on him on the long run he got in the team in the championship

at this level, he could be a decent player. although his loan spell at woking has done nothing to suggest he can. the only way we will find out is if he gets a run in the team

I agree Scotty and to be fair for a YOUNG player his goals to games ration was acceptable, including some precious winners and equalisers. A couple of goals were what you would call "strikers" goals of the Ian Rush kind eg 2 tap ins and stuff...but you do need players like that.

**No im not comparing him to Rush Im just trying to draw parallell with the type of goal scored.

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
i agree he was put in to early with alot of pressure on him to get goals. But last season i still thought he was not good enough he hardly moves

:falmerspi:falmerspi:falmerspi:falmerspi:falmer::falmer::falmer::ascarf::ascarf::ascarf::bhasign:

barney

Jul 31, 2006
he was definitely put in too early and still got a few goals, and a goal in every 3 starts is very reasonable for a young striker. considering his record in the youth team i think people slating him need to be more patient and wait for him to develop into a decent player who will be able to hack it at this level

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
It's a pity Gatting hasn't come on the way we hoped. A couple of seasons ago he was banging them in for fun for the youth team but he hasn't looked like being able to do that for the first team. Is it right that he's good enough at cricket to get into a County side?

I thought Elder was very poor, on what I saw of him he probably was worse than Gatting. But he has made an instant impact in a Div2 team whilst Gatting did nothing in the Conference, so I guess only time will tell.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Savage And Elder Upfront Would Have Stormed This Division As Well As The Championship. If The Management Had Any Clue They Could Have Saved The Wages Of The Over-rated Forster And The 300k On Murray. They Have Shot Themselves In The Foot. Idiots.

Top of the league
You're 'avin' a laugh
Top of the league
You're 'avin' a laugh

:tosser::tosser::tosser:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I was full of confidence when he was brought into the side but this was sadly misplaced. Gatting has little or no movement and, frankly, isn't good enough. County League or Conference South standard at best at the moment - a half season there may get him motivated

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

Well observed. He got 5 goals for us last year which was his first senior season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Gatting isnt the type of srtiker who will run around all day like Revell or even take players on like Forster, or score 30 yard curlers but he did score some close range goals so he does have that 'instinct' but obviously Forster and Murray are more the fininshed article.

But I do feel that Gatting could score some important goals coming off the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here