Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Dicker

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The whole idea is to pull two defenders out of a congested penalty area leaving a little more space for the others remaining in there.

What, like every single time? If it was that great an idea then every team would use it always. Whereas it just makes us utterly predictable at a corner.

Totally brainless IMHO :dunce:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Can someone describe the goal for us expats?

They say a picture paints a thousand words

0,,10433~8642714,00.jpg

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What a goal!.We were right behind it so i could not really tell how far out it was.
Just seen it on SSN and it was an absolute peach.

trancing

On our way 2 falmer
Jul 23, 2009
Shoreham By Sea
imo Gary Dicker is Brightons best player, when he was getting played out on the left then the right he wasnt getting involved as much people were saying he shouldnt be in the side, but since hes gone back in into his correct position hes been proved what a good player he is, long may it continue

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
What, like every single time? If it was that great an idea then every team would use it always. Whereas it just makes us utterly predictable at a corner.

Amazingly those two defenders have to keep coming out every time we do it otherwise it's taken short and dribbled into the box. It may be predictable but those defenders have to come out to prevent that happening. Anyway worked for the first goal today and I've seen plenty of other teams do it too.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

In the red corner we have THPP.

In the blue corner we have Poyet, Oatway, Dicker, ToT, The Wizard, jimthegull, basically every other person in the world doesn't see a problem with it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In the red corner we have THPP.

In the blue corner we have Poyet, Oatway, Dicker, ToT, The Wizard, jimthegull, basically every other person in the world doesn't see a problem with it.

You're forgetting that the cognoscenti are NEVER wrong.

If you do the same thing every damn corner then any half bright opposition manager worth his wage should be easily able to snuff it out. Fact.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
You're forgetting that the cognoscenti are NEVER wrong.

If you do the same thing every damn corner then any half bright opposition manager worth his wage should be easily able to snuff it out. Fact.

No they wouldn't because if they leave the two players out there then we just take a normal corner but if they withdraw them we can take advantage and just dribble into the box freely.:thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No they wouldn't because if they leave the two players out there then we just take a normal corner but if they withdraw them we can take advantage and just dribble into the box freely.:thumbsup:

I repeat - if its THAT brilliant an idea then every team would do it every time.

But its not. And they don't.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Superb goal, but otherwise he had a poor game, I lost count at how many miss places passes he gave away. He is normally a lot better than that. Still, he'll be remembered for his brilliant goal, and it certainly was a joy to behold!

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Great goal and good player. As for the corners well we scored via elphick and el abd had two chances which he should have done better with so I would suggest much like the 4-5-1 formation if they ain't broke don't fix em!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here