Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Dicker, is in my opinion, not terribly good.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Regardless of how good Dicker is. The thread title is a disgrace.

I have never been a fan of Gary Dicker, in League One or the Championship. He appears to be one of very few proffesional footballers who visibly tires and slows down during a 90 minute game. Yes, he appears to have been brought back way too soon but this has always been the case since I have been watching him. It was very clear at the start of the season that the biggest weakness was Dicker covering the left flank in midfield and Painter being able to pass the ball, as demonstrated last night, anywhere but the winger marked by THREE players. I just do not understand how Gus can justify playing him over JFC and even Sparrow. Can somebody point out to me what he did wrong when he was playing regularly in our unbeaten team and scoring screamers against the team to of the League?

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
This.

Sad though it is because they were great last season, but Dicker was woeful before he broke his leg and Painter needed replacing before his hamstring injuries. I am sorry to say it but i hope i dont have to see them play again in the stripes.

Errrm. I seem to remember Dicker being our engine before Navarro got in to the swing of things again...

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Apart from setting up the goal that got us back into the game, with a perfectly weighted ball, threaded through behind the full back. Does that not count?

Was that his ball? I thought it was Buckley? Fair enough though, his vision is undeniable and as I say I like him as a player, but his passing last night was very wasteful.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I have no idea how fit players like Dicker and Painter are,after their long lay-offs. Navarro has ,with playing games improved his,and his form. With Poyet rather darkly stating that the league 1 team have had their chance,and now for changes. IMO we have had a great season with our league 1 team and with the budget constraints that Poyet is just about to find out about i feel many will be here next season,if they will except that they will not be "shoe ins" for selection. I don't know if the 5 sub rule is to stay, that would help some of the mentioned players,if we return to7 on the bench

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
If anyone thinks Dicker and Painter are good enough for the championship, i would love to hear how and why.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Regardless of how BAD Dicker is. The thread title is a disgrace.

Why is it a disgrace? If you were bad at your job, you too would be told

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Why is it a disgrace? If you were bad at your job, you too would be told

If my boss told me that i was f***ing shite, i'd take action against him. If a customer said that to me i'd tell a manager and he'd get them to leave.

Don't try to defend calling a player who has played four full games from a broken leg, who put in effort during the survival with Slade, who then was key in our promotion and who this season hasn't been awfully bad, but maybe not quite the player he was last season because of his lack of pace shite. It's not fair on him and not true.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Despite the attempt by some to say you fans can never state that an Albion player isn't good enough,

if Gus gets rid of Dicker & Painter in the Summer, we'll know that the professional manager fully agrees & they weren't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here