Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Dicker, is in my opinion, not terribly good.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Dicker & Painter were both well off the pace. Dicker looks like he's lacking a fair bit of confidence as well

Gleeballs? Really hope that's your surname. Superb work.

Gleeballs, and both Dicker and Painter are absolute balls.

That's amusing me rather.

Sorry.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Had an absolute mare tonight, just like Saturday. He's been brought back in too soon after his injury. Spaz, Navs or JFC should've been playing instead.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I don't care what or how he broke his leg, clearly he's not match fit and shouldn't be playing 90 mins, doesn't tackle, head or get stuck in like any midfielder should but still Gus's bum chum gets into the team week on week. He gets the ball and passes it 4 yards everytime if he's lucky to get anywhere with it. Strange how we performed better on the months he wasn't playing.

You deserve dickhead of the year for that post.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't care what or how he broke his leg, clearly he's not match fit and shouldn't be playing 90 mins, doesn't tackle, head or get stuck in like any midfielder should but still Gus's bum chum gets into the team week on week. He gets the ball and passes it 4 yards everytime if he's lucky to get anywhere with it. Strange how we performed better on the months he wasn't playing.
''I don't care what or how he broke his leg'', i do hope u never come back on this board for that remark

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
how many times first half was he advance of Barnes, who was doing his job? cover at best, probably best for him that he drop a division to enjoy his game because he's not awful generally, just not up to pass and move with any pace.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
Gleeballs? Really hope that's your surname. Superb work.

Gleeballs, and both Dicker and Painter are absolute balls.

That's amusing me rather.

Sorry.

You go ahead old china. The truth & the irony lay within the great name. Long live the Gleeballs

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Give the guy a f***ing break, he's just came back from a few months out and he's been thrown into a team playing 90 minutes each game, he hasn't had the best of couple of games lately but to start this thread off and write that about him, you're a dick.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He looks miles off the pace which is understandable but why Gus just doesn't wait till next season to play him I don't know..

Exactly, felt sorry for him, it was really embarrassing.

Craig4004

Aug 30, 2011
Peacehaven
Does anyone think we will see Painter again? Looked well off the pace ...mind u his best cross of the year led to that header off the post lol

I think his fate was sealed after 45 mins. He was shocking. Gus wouldn't change a defender for no reason, we will not see him again in a Brighton shirt. We need an established LB permenant in the summer. I have liked Mattock and think he had adapted well to our style.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I think that people are forgetting that both Dicker and Painter were poor at the start of the season before they became injured and both were even then receiving a fair amount of stick from fans.

Both were vastly underrated last season and were outstanding for us, but sometimes players in a team who get promoted cannot make the step up to the next level, even though they look like they could.

scooter1

How soon is now?
Both Painter and Dicker were shocking last night. I don't expect Painter will play for us again and Dicker shouldn't play again this season. I don't think he's championship quality, too slow to react to just about everything. If GP really believes Dicker can do it at this level then he should pull him from the first team squad now and allow him to get fully fit with a pre-season behind him and then we'll see..... But I doubt it'll happen

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think that people are forgetting that both Dicker and Painter were poor at the start of the season before they became injured and both were even then receiving a fair amount of stick from fans.

Both were vastly underrated last season and were outstanding for us, but sometimes players in a team who get promoted cannot make the step up to the next level, even though they look like they could.

Extremely accurate assessment. Really liked both of them at league 1, but please no more - it is painful because all the good they did last year is being undone and our lasting memory of two reasonable players will be their inability at this level.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

This.

Sad though it is because they were great last season, but Dicker was woeful before he broke his leg and Painter needed replacing before his hamstring injuries. I am sorry to say it but i hope i dont have to see them play again in the stripes.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
You know Gus will play Dicker on Saturday though. God knows why. I can see to a certian extent what he sees in Barnes - the tracking back etc, but Dicker offered nothing last night apart from one little jammy flick on. If only Chippy hadn't retired.....

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
How he got in the team after saturdays performance ill never know.played just as shit tonite aswell

Gus has a thing for him, not entirely sure why. Hope I'm wrong but I think, in Dicker, he sees an image of himself. If so we might as well get used to seeing a whole lot more of him

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Dicker and Painter just aren't up to championship level. Solid in League 1, there is no doubt about that. But when the summer comes, I'd be looking at selling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here