Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Barlow/X factor tonite

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Talking of greatest musicians of all time I would think that SIR Paul McCartney would come out considerably higher than Gary Barlow in ratings as a musician, songwriter and singer.

Are you on a wind up or something Grandad ?.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Talking of greatest musicians of all time I would think that SIR Paul McCartney would come out considerably higher than Gary Barlow in ratings as a musician, songwriter and singer.

He's a bit naff at writing songs without Lennon to help him, to be fair.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Rule the World is a better song than Hey Jude and that is a FACT.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I prefer Paul McCartney to Gary Barlow although I dont dislike GB but consider PM to be better and obviously others do to as he has been knighted for his contribution to pop music perhaps with Robbie Williams help, one day Gary Barlow will be knighted.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
No one should ever attempt to compete with Barlow's level of lyric writing.

Sugar sweet, if only they all knew
Jam, can't spread no more you've took my bread
Energy, just work, no rest or play
Me, myself I'd rather be alone again

So you can do what you like -Do what you like
No need to ask me -Do what you want
Do what you like -Do what you like
No need to tell me -Do what you want

Cherry pie, you're not as cute as me
Ice, could never be as cold as you
Recipe, you stir me up inside

[CHORUS x 2]

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No one should ever attempt to compete with Barlow's level of lyric writing.

Sugar sweet, if only they all knew
Jam, can't spread no more you've took my bread
Energy, just work, no rest or play

So you can do what you like -Do what you like
No need to ask me -Do what you want
Do what you like -Do what you like
No need to tell me -Do what you want

Cherry pie, you're not as cute as me
Ice, could never be as cold as you
Recipe, you stir me up inside

[CHORUS x 2]

A work of genius compared to

LA LA LA, LA LA LA LA, LA LA LA LA, HEY JUDE X 500

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh dear, what a bunch of numpties we have on here :facepalm: The Beatles changed music, they broke the rules that led to the music we have today. You can't simply take one of their songs and compare it like for like with songs written 50 years later. I like a bit of take that, but music today would be exactly the same if they'd never existed.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Going back to the matter in hand - apparently ITV has been inundated with complaints from people about the decision last night.

However the type of person that would COMPLAIN to a TV company about choices made in an entertainment/talent show is probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer. The comments are likely to have been similar to 'me no watch sing song show anymore cus your all thick bastards'

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
That's the first single TT ever released and, from memory, charted at about number 100. What was the Beatles' first single? I've no idea, but I bet it was hardly a masterpiece.

I believe it was 'Love me Do' which got to something like Number 17. Which ironically is the same position that Seagulls Ska got to. However in the 60's you had to sell loads to get in the top 20.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Why would Gary need Williams' help to get knighted? Please remind me how many of Take That's 11 number one singles, five number one albums, numerous record-breaking tours and millions of fans around the world are the result of the work of Williams. If we're basing this on cold hard facts then Gary is not only superior to Williams but also to virtually everybody else currently working in the music industry.

You're sounding more like Patrick Batemen with every post TCB! And I thought Ernest was NSC's number one wind-up merchant. Top bombing.

images

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here