Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gannon's body language yesterday said

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What the f*** have I done turning down this club as he walked out with a near 9000 capacity crowd with the Blue & White boards and wall of noise that met him.

:thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Really, I thought it said "Shit, I turned this lot down, and now 8,000 of them are assembled on the edge of the pitch breathing down my neck. I'd better get the hell out and back to the changing rooms just in case they're still holding it against me"

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I thought he was saying, "Another reason I made the right decision, that walk from the portakabin is a killer".

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gannon looked to me like a Man who was thinking. Oh f*** I have screwed it up haven't I ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There were loads of people booing him in H block, which I thought was rather stupid.

I was one of them infact I shouted rather loudly WANKER as he walked past.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
There were loads of people booing him in H block, which I thought was rather stupid.

Why? He f***ed us about when it was pretty clear from the start he had no intention of leaving Stockport.

(I didn't boo him btw, but can see why people would)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He had his chance and failed to take it.

As his refusal resulted in us getting Slade, I cannot help but be pleased that Gannon turned us down.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gannon turned down our great club. TWICE by all accounts. Also he did his best to get us relegated. As far as I am concerned he is an utter C*NT.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Will he really be that bothered though?

My understanding was his family did not want to move south?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Seriously he must have been impressed with our support and potential yesterday. Ah well back to div 3 with an average 4000 gate , no prospects and no money and likely a 15 point deficit next season as well. Wanker.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
He will do well whichever club he is at next imo

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I liked his style. He was a striking figure and a good looking Man. His suit was well fitting but the colour was very bad.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
He was probably the best dressed football manager I've ever seen!

Would have been impressed with general support yesterday although I thought he seemed less than impressed with some of the chants from the Albion fans, he certainly didn't display any sense of humour over the situation which would have been much better than glaring over his shoulder every now and then.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think "wanker" is a tad harsh.

Blinded by our devotion to the Albion we may be, but perhaps he didn't want to uproot his young family several hundred miles. Maybe he felt a strong sense of loyalty to Stockport's players and fans. I think that's quite admirable considering their circumstances: many people in his position would have jumped ship at the first opportunity.

To call him a wanker simply because he decided the Albion wasn't the right move for him at that point in his life is deeply unfair, IMHO. The likes of Ian Holloway and Alan Pardew, who go fluttering their eyelashes at every club who comes knocking, then piss off leaving their existing clubs in the lurch, deserve your abuse.

I don't see why Jim Gannon deserves to be booed under the circumstances. Loyalty is a rare quality in football, it's nice to see a bit for once.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Gannon turned down our great club. TWICE by all accounts. Also he did his best to get us relegated. As far as I am concerned he is an utter C*NT.

seemed a decent bloke with principles to me, I'm sure it wasn't his fault that it went public when he was in talks with DK.
Anyway, after we brilliantly avoided relegation yesterday, why do you need someone else to rip to pieces? did you not do a good enough job on Slade & Davies.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
seemed a decent bloke with principles to me, I'm sure it wasn't his fault that it went public when he was in talks with DK.
Anyway, after we brilliantly avoiding relegation yesterday, why do you need someone else to rip to pieces? did you not do a good enough job on Slade & Davies.

I like Slade now. Davies is useless and Gannon can do one.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Class bloke, his reasons for turning us down we perfectly fair and he certainly didn't deserve the wanker chant. He turned down our poisoned chalice because of family commitments, and a commit to his hometown and adored club which was (and still is) up shit creek. Have some respect. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here