Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gannon or Slade next season?

Who should we have managing the Albion next season?

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm amazed that 8 people on NSC DON'T think Slade has done enough.

He's taken a shambles of a season and has got the team playing with some passion and no little skill and taken a team that looked down and out to the brink of safety. But that's clearly not enough for some people.

What do they want? A win EVERY game? Us signing Gerrard and Rooney on loan? An average of five goals every match? A blow-job from Gully's Girls? The second coming? I'd love to hear from the nay-sayers.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Someone who wanted to come here and has a done a good job already v someone who does not want to come here and may or may not do a good job. Hard choice isn't it .... not

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
If we stay up and with the football we're now playing under Slade, I'll be very happy to see him stay permanently after this season, but if DK has other ideas and wants to bring in someone else like Gannon. I will be alittle pissed off because Slade has done wonders since he has been here and I would like him to stay.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Obviously Slade. If his contract doesn't get renewed I would go f***ing ballistic.

Why?

It's horses for courses surely? He has done a great job (the one that he was hired for) turning a bunch of under achieving slackers into a team that finally looks like it wants to play for the club and keep it in League 1. However, his CV doesn't have one promotion on it does it? He has come bloody close (two playoff finals) which we'd be extremely happy with next season.

Saying all that-if he keeps us up, he's earned the right to be our manager next season.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If this were a boxing match, the referee would have stopped it by now.

Slade is the clear choice. He took on the job knowing how grave it was looking for our chances of staying up, and has (nearly) turned it around. Whether we stay up (which I truly believe we will) or go down from here, he HAS to be offered the job IMO.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

He's taken a shambles of a season and has got the team playing with some passion and no little skill and taken a team that looked down and out to the brink of safety. But that's clearly not enough for some people.

What do they want? A win EVERY game? Us signing Gerrard and Rooney on loan? An average of five goals every match? A blow-job from Gully's Girls? The second coming? I'd love to hear from the nay-sayers.

They are probably are friends from Palace,swindon and Orient.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We've got the perfect chance for the whole of Withdean to tell Gannon to f*** off on the last game of the season and make our feelings known to the board. Use that chance.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
What is the obsession with gannon, if he disappeared off the face of the earth tomorrow I wouldn't notice. He was first choice and he turned it down, and I think we're luck he did.

If Slade keeps us up and doesn't get the job I say we should have a riot at the first friendly at worthing

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Gannon had his chance, he didn't take it. Russell Slade was offered a deal until the end of the season with no guarantee of getting the job longer term and he took it. He's united all the fans and players together and he's getting results, Rusell Slade is 100% the right man longer term now and I really hope Dick sees that. He's not a big name manager and he's not someone who is going to get poached off us, but he's a good manager doing a brilliant job with this bunch of players and if he's left to mould the squad his way, we'll do well next season.

I couldn't have put it any better myself (so I haven't attempted to). Spot on! :clap:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Knock Knock.

Who's there?

Gannon.

Gannon who?

Thats football mate. You had your chance now f*** off.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Knock Knock.

Who's there?

Gannon.

Gannon who?

Thats football mate. You had your chance now f*** off.

Yeah, too right Mr B!

May I also add the rather snappy saying: "Never trust a man who not only likes James friggin' Blunt - but actually jets back to Manchester after effectively f***ing us off; appears on a A local radio station ooop north & declares his love for Stockport; & then takes the biggest sodding liberty of all by starting off his personal favourites play-list with a facking James facking Blunt song!!"

Jesus Wept. :tosser:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
HE might be quite happy with the two currently doing the job. And before all of the usual suspects start banging on about "jobs for the boys" and other unproven bollocks-I'm sure that if they are kept on it will only be because Slade wants them.
Prove it.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
we need stability. stick with Slade. Sir Alex misery guts didn't exactly set the world alight when he first went to Manure and he's worked out ok....just about.
stop the revolving door / quick fix thing and build for the future

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

I do want those things :lol: I don't expect them though.
I just think as well as Slade has done there is still a bit of an overreaction, "legend in the making" etc.
From the moment he's arrived we've played more as a team than we have been doing all season, but I think that was the minimum requirement from anyone, Adams was so bad that they couldn't fail to be an improvement. One of the most significant and pleasing things he has done is get more out of Dean Cox, which has been an important part of our improved form. He's adapted tactically, coming up with a system (the diamond/4-2-3-2) that suits the players available - Dicker in the deep lying role, Cox behind the front two, Loft and Fraser in roles that make the most of their energy without requiring too much quality. In short he's utilising players strengths rather than picking the team out of a hat a la Adams. So that's good.

On the other hand, I think he was out thought by Danny Wilson in the Swindon game. He realised the weaknesses of our formation and exploited them (pushing his wingers forward to exploit our narrow midfield, which put the back four under huge pressure), we didn't have any answer to that, and never looked like mounting a comeback after they blitzed us early in the second half. Lest we forget, there have been poor performances under Slade too, and there is the fact that the teams we've had this run against have either been dire (Hereford), or with nothing to play for. They may not have been 'on the beach' just yet but they haven't needed it as much as we have.

If Slade stays I will support that decision, and support him, but also if we did get Gannon in I wouldn't be unhappy, I don't think it would be a travesty on the scale of Wilkins/Adams. Having said that I have no idea if it would be a realistic possibility anyway and other than Gannon I can't think of too many managers out there that would really convince me it's worth changing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here