Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gannon or Slade next season?

Who should we have managing the Albion next season?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tsk. So you already have decided you were wrong, and now everyone else is going to put their faith in?
QUOTE]

Oh that I had that influence on NSC, have you seen the poll result? :lol:

In the last few phone ins, NMH, I have agreed with pretty much everything you've said. But not about Russell Slade last night, he's done more than enough to prove he's worth a longer term contract for me, I don't think we can rule out relegation completely but I firmly believe we won't be back in the bottom 4 again now. Russell Slade has done what he came here do, 9/10ths of the way atleast.

But what I'm saying is that it's not smart to think yet, about handing him that job now - wait until the end of the season, and remain open to be impressed.
I didn't leap to condemn Adams, but in the same light I'm not going to heap my faith in a new bloke either.
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread, and I think you'd all be wise to retain perspective - by all means get behind the team and manager with support - but keep cool before loading all your money on one horse. :p

I'm used to reading NSC members who'd just LOVE Joel Lynch to come back :cheery: punish: , and adore Elphick for the way he looks in an Albion strip when he's in the midfield watching his marker walking the ball past our keeper. :ohmy: :shootself

Tsk. So you already have decided you were wrong, and now everyone else is going to put their faith in?
QUOTE]

Oh that I had that influence on NSC, have you seen the poll result? :lol:

I could tell YOU the poll result before you posted the thread.
I'm really not that DUMB to need a look at the poll to know what it 'reveals' about NSC users!
No, I haven't looked, and I don't think I'll bother thanks. ' :lol: '

Slade all the way.

I agree that, although his efforts in the last month or two are great and somewhat unexpected, it doesnt mean he could maintain this for a whole season, but the point is he`s deserved a try at a whole season, in fact i`d give him a 2 yr contract with the proviso that hes got to try and get us up within 2 yrs, bloody hard in my opinion if you realise who is coming down from the championshp, the likes of charlton, southampton?, norwich? but he seems tactically aware, isnt prone to putting on strange subs, ala mickey adams, and has the passion that mickey showed when he first came (which was strangely missing on his second stint).

Gannon?, not now, no, never, had his chance, blew it, wally.

Every and any manager should be having to "try and get us up", it's a requirement for any club that their manager bring successes or sling their hook. No difference with BHA.
So far Russell Slade looks the part, and as I've said on the airwaves - I like the way he looks at the game, the reality in his perspective, and am impressed in him so far.
Yes, a lot of us like 'the cut of his jib', but let's see what he does to keep us afloat, on an even keel, and smoothly sailing to the right destinations.

Brighton and Hove Albion is not a big club - it's a HUGE club, when it's doing well. Mr Slade seems to 'get' that, about football.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I could tell YOU the poll result before you posted the thread.
I'm really not that DUMB to need a look at the poll to know what it 'reveals' about NSC users!
No, I haven't looked, and I don't think I'll bother thanks. ' :lol: '

Not quite sure what your point is, stop waffling and make a decision. Slade or Gannon, if there was a choice who would you choose..not hard really. You are an NSC user remember? :annoyed:

It's simple, a bit of fun, stop trying to make it look like a discussion about the meaning of life...

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Now of course OGH has put in a worthy performance and has renewed confidence so suits the agenda for anyone suggesting that DW was rightly sacked.
He hadn't "lost the dressing room" as people seem to want to suggest. As you say, he was losing Hart and Reid and Mayo - that isn't the same as losing the team players.

From everything I've heard that is wrong. Apparently he'd lost all but the youth team players who'd come through into the first team. It does of course "suit the agenda" to ignore that for those who think otherwise. Anyway old news, doesn't really matter anymore, movin' on - Russell Slade :thumbsup:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Just as Steve Gritt deserved to stay on once he kept us up at Hereford (even though he got the bullet the following season), so Slade should be kept on next season to show what he can do about moving us out of the division the right way.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The only reservation I have is that he should only get a one year rolling contract, will the lessons of the past be learnt? Yes we may lose him but he seems to like it here.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
we should keep slade for now as he proves to have the potential to win us matches and shows great enthusiasm in Brighton & Hove Albion, it also proves he can cope in difficult situations and even possibly promote us in league 1 possibly and if the worst happens a very likely promotion in league 2.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Russel Slade - he had his doubters and he didnt get off to the greatest of starters but he has really turned it around, deserves the job next season no matter which way he goes, he should be given free reign to sack whoever he wants (Knight included) and the money should be there for him to keep any loanees we currently have or any new players he wants to buy!

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Obviously Slade. If his contract doesn't get renewed I would go f***ing ballistic.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
The past 3 weeks have showed us it is not about big names, it is about people that want it. They may not be perceived as the best we have available, but they certainly do their best with what they have and it is paying off (so far)

Slade In

Its not about big names, its about big games!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Slade has done a fantastic (almost complete) job. Who would have thought after the MK game when we were 8 points adrift and the season looked over that this was possible.

I know he has only been here a short time but I would have absolutely no reservations in giving him the job permanently. He has done incredibly in the last few weeks and has got players like Loft and Fraser playing the best I have seen them and the likes of Harty, and Cox the best they have in years. He has also started playing Elphick and Virgo at centre half which should have been done all season.

I agree about learning from the past so would either give him a one year rolling contract or two year contract at most but he must be kept on. I would give him the choice on backroom staff but that does not necessarily mean he has to sack Booker and White. I would give him the choice.

As was mentioned earlier, two of White's loan signings (Borrowdale and Owusu) have been instrumental in our recovery so he obviously has an eye for a player and a lot of contacts in the game. After a slow start, I have also been encouraged by Slade's one signing. Dicker has been one of our best players in recent games which suggests Slade has an eye for a player too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here