Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gannon or Slade next season?

Who should we have managing the Albion next season?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given the remarkable turnaround in our fortunes made even more impressive by the non availability of star players like Murray and Forster should the board still be contemplating trying to tempt 1st choice Gannon to take over as manager next season?

Personally I think the board should go with the flow, give us some continuity and give Slade at least a years contract and not even consider re-approaching Gannon.

Who would you prefer

I was not at all convinced about Slade's appointment but I was wrong and I don't remember the last Albion manager who had such a good bond with the fans, although it's early days.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
daft question SLADE no doubt........ After all i dont want gannon after he said no to us in danger,and then when we are safe he says yep........Naaaahh

SLADE has worked his socks off, shows passion for the club.....and has got results we did not expect

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Given how Stockport have faded over the last couple of months, I now reckon we were probably lucky that Gannon turned us down, even though I was deeply disappointed at the time.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Given how Stockport have faded over the last couple of months, I now reckon we were probably lucky that Gannon turned us down, even though I was deeply disappointed at the time.

I think thats more to do with the fact they've lost a few of their best players(we had McNulty and Dicker) than Gannon failing to manage!

Its still Slade though.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gannon can feck right off. Slade is the Man for us.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
If Slade wins the next two he'll have won five in a row. When he did that for Yeovil he got sacked. Surely lightening can't strike twice for the poor bloke?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Gannon - turned us down , TWICE and wanted to stay at Stockport County FFS
Slade - 12 points in 5 games and bleeds BHAFC already

Difficult choice.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Slade yes but not Gannon, he snubbed us previously. Also, I think Slade should be allowed to take on his own backroom staff.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Depends if he is sneaking his laundry through on the quiet again.
But then we're back down to the Golden Rule of football management - it's a results business. I cannot BELIEVE we would be so stupid as to sack a winning manager (again) just because they were fiddling their expenses. If that occurred we should amend his contract retrospectively to say we should be paying his laundry bills.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Slade has stepped into the breach and looks like keeping us up. even if he doesnt, seems to have got the players playing well, so will promote us.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If Slade keeps us up and Knight gets rid then it will be akin to the mistake he made getting rid of Wilkins. A club like ours needs stability and unfortunately over the last 10 years the only period close to that was when we had McGhee. You get rid of managers who are failing, not succeeding.

If we stay up, give Slade a contract, probably something like a rolling one year contract so we are not tied to a massive pay off. Even if we go down, I still think he has shown enough to suggest with more time he can do even better.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
There has been too much perceived managerial back-stabbing at this club in recent years. If Russell Slade keeps us up (which not many people were backing when he first joined the club) then he should be given an extended contract. Anything else would incredibly unfair on the guy in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here