Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Fulham vs Athletico Madrid Match thread**

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Hugh Grant was in the crowd and I was attempting to reciprocate his usual English bumblings from the vast majority of his films. :blush:

:laugh:

he didn't look very grateful did he!

Not in the slightest. Perhaps he was very grateful, but decided to act in the character of someone that was ungrateful. A sterling performance if that was the case.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Very very tense ...

68: Another incredible twist. A long ball from Hudson picks out Chopra and as he latches onto the ball, Bruce clips the heels of the striker. The front man steps up to hammer the ball past Weale for his second of the night, meaning the game is all square. Game going to extra time at this stage now.

68: GOAL! CARDIFF - CHOPRA! 3-2 NOW!

67: CARDIFF PENALTY!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Pretty bloody desperate when the alternative to the "snoozefest" of the champions league is watching a team that's bankrolled it's way up the divisions in the European equivalent of the Calring Cup. And when you're forced to totally contradict you belief's the tinpot is Europea League is more exciting than the Champions League due to the unpredictability of it, despite the surprising knock-outs of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool....

Still, feel free to pick up on my alledged "bad points" :clap2:

I'm impressed with your ability to ignore the main point of my argument (guilty as charged then?) as well as basically repeating what I said. I agree it's a bit desperate that Europa League is the more exciting than the Champions League, but I don't design the tournaments do I? I also conceded that the Champions League has been more exciting this year! Fulham seem to represent a lot more about what's good about football than any of our big 4 or pretty much anyone in the CL. I know that seems a bit sentimental, but it's also the reason why so many people want them to win the thing tonight.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The football in the Fulham game is not very good.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Almost like Fulham are playing with 10 at the moment. Hope they're not going to rue not scoring early in this half. Duff has been pretty poor, Nevland should help them hold the ball up top

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I'm impressed with your ability to ignore the main point of my argument (guilty as charged then?) as well as basically repeating what I said. I agree it's a bit desperate that Europa League is the more exciting than the Champions League, but I don't design the tournaments do I? I also conceded that the Champions League has been more exciting this year! Fulham seem to represent a lot more about what's good about football than any of our big 4 or pretty much anyone in the CL. I know that seems a bit sentimental, but it's also the reason why so many people want them to win the thing tonight.

Actually, I don't have an 'ability' to ignore a main point of an argument.
You have an inabiltiy to make the main points of your argument clear.

How the f*** do a team that has risen from League 2 to the Premiership as a result of being bankrolled by a billionaire, that for this week only have half the nation claiming to 'support', who have absolutely shat on their season ticket holders who wanted to see the biggest game in their clubs history, and who have a "neutral end" in their home ground, represent more that's good about football then anyone else?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here