Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**Fulham vs Athletico Madrid Match thread**

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Bobby Z casually makes a good pass with his right foot, after chesting the ball down neatly.

Can Heskey do that? Crouch can't!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i would take zamora off

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Bobby's got such sexy LEGS

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Dempsey winner 72mins 2-1 fulham

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Well done Bob, must've been in quite a bit of pain after that effort. Get on the codeine son! :clap:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Not at all.

But the game (until the 1st goal) was all Athletico and pretty dire to be honest.

Question for you:

Are you being all self-righteous about the Europa League purely because you're kidding yourself into believing Fulham represent some sort of alternative to the Champions/Premier League "snoozefests"? The same 'snoozefests' which result in you spending so many hours of your time preaching on about as if they represent some sort of anti-christ? And therefore you see this as an ideal opportunity to keep up your tiresome "holier-than-thou" attitude towards big clubs?

Or are you just picking up on my comments for the sake of it?

:yawn:

Fulham's Europa League journey does represent an alternative to the Champions League snoozefest though. Here is a club who have risen from the bottom tier of English football to get into the Europa League final. Not only that, they've produced some astounding comebacks and overcome some opposition who were heavy favourites.

The Champions League has been more exciting this year, mainly because the English clubs all went out, but generally I don't see much excitement in the horribl predictable group stages and the English teams marching through the knock out until they meet either each other, or, in the case of this year, another one of the worlds richest clubs. Much as the Europa League is a bit of a tinpot competition now, it also seems to have the kind of unpredictability that is slowly being stamped out of its big brother.

Anyway, none of that really matters, because my main point was simply that you came on a thread which is supposedly about watching a game of football only to moan about it then making the point of saying you're switching it off. Considering your staunch defence of the big 4 and accusations of reverse-snobbery, it struck me as a little like someone trying to make a point. And a rather bad one at that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here