Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From the Koran...............

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
its all too exasperating for words frankly....

Time to go home and do some gardening - its better for the soul!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can't believe that twatty reels you in every time :nono: :nono: :nono: :shootself :shootself :shootself

Classic Nut Roast

A great vegetarian standby - easy enough to make midweek, impressive enough to serve to dinner guests.

Recipe for Classic Nut Roast, contributed by Janey Macleod

This is a particularly nice nut roast, and is not too difficult to make, especially as the mixture can be prepared ahead of time, leaving only the final baking until later.

You can use almost any kind of nuts for this recipe. I prefer to buy a pack of chopped mixed nuts (much faster than chopping them myself), supplemented with larger pieces of Brazil or walnuts, or some whole cashews.

I like to serve the roast with potatoes and a green vegetable. The quantities given here will make four generous portions.

Oil for frying
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 - 6 medium mushrooms, sliced
1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
1¼ cups (10 fl oz, 300 ml) vegetable stock (or water)
1½ cups (6 oz, 175 g) finely chopped nuts
3 cups (6 oz, 175 g) breadcrumbs
1 tbsp. soy sauce
½ tsp. dried herbs
Salt and pepper to taste
Flour for coating
Oil for roasting

Oven: Pre-heat to 375F, 190C.

Stew the onion in the oil for about five minutes or until soft. Add the garlic and mushrooms. Cook for a few more minutes.

Sprinkle the flour on top. Stir well. Add the stock or water, stirring all the time. Bring the mixture to the boil, and simmer slowly for two or three minutes. Stir in the nuts, breadcrumbs, soy sauce, herbs and seasoning.

Turn the mixture on to a floured board, and form a loaf shape with your hands. Coat evenly with flour on all sides.

Heat the oil in a roasting tin. Place the loaf in the tin. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, basting occasionally.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
dave the gaffer said:
We compain now because the "muslims" bombed our streets, but in the 11th Century, the Crusaders massacred thousands of "infidels" in Jerusalem and what is now Isreal.

I thought Jerusalem was in the occupied West Bank?

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
dave the gaffer said:
People have done that through history.

We compain now because the "muslims" bombed our streets, but in the 11th Century, the Crusaders massacred thousands of "infidels" in Jerusalem and what is now Isreal.

In teh dark ages, the Inquisition killed thousands in europe because they were not Roman Catholic

Cortes wiped out a whole civilisation because he thought they were unbelievers.

wars using God as an excuse, and that is all it is, this is not God's fault, have been going on since the days of the Pharoes and this is just a continuation.

do you eant to explain to the familys oof thedead that you believe its fine cos some of their mob got killed 900 years ago?? What a tosser you are.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
:salute: :salute: :salute:

INGREDIENTS:

6 fresh whole tomatoes
6 teaspoons vinegar
6 whole cloves
6 teaspoons brown sugar
PREPARATION:

Preheat oven to 350°.
Leave skins on tomatoes; core. Put 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, and one clove in each cored tomato. Place tomatoes in a baking dish and bake for 35 to 45 minutes at 350°. Tomatoes should be slightly browned. :salute:

Pigsy

Jul 14, 2004
WATFORD zero said:
:salute: :salute: :salute:

INGREDIENTS:

6 fresh whole tomatoes
6 teaspoons vinegar
6 whole cloves
6 teaspoons brown sugar
PREPARATION:

Preheat oven to 350°.
Leave skins on tomatoes; core. Put 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1 teaspoon brown sugar, and one clove in each cored tomato. Place tomatoes in a baking dish and bake for 35 to 45 minutes at 350°. Tomatoes should be slightly browned. :salute:

That sounds bleeding horrible. Is it a cure for something?

E

enigma

I made a delicious Macaroni Cheese the other day, absolutely first class.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Please people calm down. It's no use arguing with Twatford. He's far too thick to understand the diversity of Islam or the subtleties of the situation He's not going to calm down anytime soon, not while there's the excuse for Paki bashing he's been given.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
WATFORD O said:
do you eant to explain to the familys oof thedead that you believe its fine cos some of their mob got killed 900 years ago?? What a tosser you are.
What an absurdly comical interpretation of Dave's post. Quite blatently, his point is that God is *an excuse* for carnage for some people - and it has always been this way.

Anyone would think you were merely looking for an excuse to be rude. What a tosser you are.

Let's put an end to these ridiculous windups here and now. Twatty - stop dancing around posting windup threads - post your views on here - what should be done to Muslims who aren't extremists? Simple question. Then you will have no excuse for starting threads with inflamatory titles and people won't need to bite.

The stage is yours. No more innuendo and devil's advocate. State your opinions and get it over with.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
WATFORD O said:

of course I dont you silly sod.

what I said is that people have been using religion as an excuse for thousands of years.

the difference being that today the disenfranchised muslim who is so inclined to kill him/herself and take others with him/her has an excuse of the way muslims are percieved as being attacked by the west in policy and deeds.

I take it you have not listened to Question Time/Today or read any of the broadsheets, as if you had you will see thatr this is one of the main arguments put forward.

And as for me being a tosser, I seem to recall you being invited to come and watch our internet team play Watford a few years ago in watford and you crying off with some lame excuse about shopping with the kids...I did not call you a tosser then

tedebear said:
and I was being all sensible like - well, I fart in all your general directions :p ;) :lol:

It is impossible to have a sensible debate with him. He has admitted to posting these things to get a reaction. He hasn't the intelligence to sustain a debate and resorts to childish insults to cover his embarassment. A bog standard, run of the mill troll. I have seen a lot more clever ones - FG included.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sssshhhhhhhhhh DTG - I've just put him to bed and i don't want you waking him up :angry: :angry:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
tedebear said:
hows the ankle Dave - since this thread has degenerated? :lol:

a lot better thanks.

Walking in the Austrian mountains certainly helped by giving it a good workout! I still have one of those blue strapping bandage/sock things and it twinges occasionally but certainly getting better.

It is just still quite "fat" and I dont seem to be able to make it go down ( ooh err missus) Any suggestions?

dave the gaffer said:
And as for me being a tosser, I seem to recall you being invited to come and watch our internet team play Watford a few years ago in watford and you crying off with some lame excuse about shopping with the kids...I did not call you a tosser then

This game, Dave?

dscn00395xp.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here