Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

From Falmer Station up to the Amex

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Does anybody else on here feels it needs brightening up a bit. I was thinking maybe a merchandise stall, Albion run tea and burger stall, and possibly a newspaper stall selling sweets and stuff. It just seems a bit sterile walking towards the stadium

There will be a merch stall there next season, the budget has been approved.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Brilliant, how about a line of wooden crosses with waxworks of people we dont like being crucified, like Archer and Bellotti, we could even have Tony and Gus riding pass them on donkeys and into the stadium before every home game

Great idea on the crosses...they could sing "Always look on the fraud side of life"!.....

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Is it okay for my dad to suggest the tiles in the subway, He was born and raised in Falmer and is family are buried there, so not a JCL :lol:

Lol! In that case the club should let me choose where to park as they are pulling down my old school.....(built and staffed in 1950)...for the new car park....and blue and white fencing...

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
That is simply not true, you get served within five minutes however long the queue is, they're remarkably efficient.

Agreed, even with a queue back to the in door I still got through in 10 Mins Max

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
1. It's not the same attitude. Many people are actively opting for having and using an open space (as opposed to being against change for the sake of it - NIMBYism). You're assuming that disagreeing with change is a bad thing - it's not.

2. Yes, it will be too crowded. It doesn't take much to block up that route now.

3. There is more than one reason as to why the club hasn't do it. One of them is space.

I'm sorry my friend but you are way off line here all I was proposing was for it to be more welcoming as in lined with seagull flags and if possible with a merchandise stall and perhaps a stall selling papers and sweets etc. All of this would be to the sides of the approach. You seem to have misinterpreted the thread. Its just an idea I think you need to chill out.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm sorry my friend but you are way off line here all I was proposing was for it to be more welcoming as in lined with seagull flags and if possible with a merchandise stall and perhaps a stall selling papers and sweets etc. All of this would be to the sides of the approach. You seem to have misinterpreted the thread. Its just an idea I think you need to chill out.

Perfectly chilled then, perfectly chilled now.

But thanks for your concern. :)

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
What is the point in building stalls outside when they won't get used in the rain, cold, wind?

Just let everyone wander in and spend their money in the sheltered concourse.

I'm a smoker so if there was an outdoor vendor I would spend twice the amount as I do currently. As pathetic as it sounds I can't go in the stadium at 2pm not to be able to smoke till after 5pm especially if i'm drinking.

IMO a couple of kiosks built into the stadium itself (facing outdoors) and some retractable awnings would make an absolute killing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here